Gamespot got from Nintendo of Wii games in development

Discussion in 'Games' started by takao, May 9, 2006.

1. takao macrumors 68040

takao

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I've got the same list on a Nintendo's press site. Cool.

3. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

i saw vid clips of a lot of these games from Ninty and a few other sites, all of them except that stupid truck racing game look amazing. Whowever has been touting the lack of graphical power in the Wii is now hopefully eating their own words. They all look great (again except that stupid truck racing game which looks like a piece of crap Gamecube game :eek:)

I'm especially excited for Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, the new Tony Hawk game, and RE. This has revived my interest in playing games, which has been dead since the unofficial death of the GC...;)

4. belovedmonster macrumors regular

The highlight of the list for me is a Konami soccer game. if its Pro Evo soccer and it uses the controller effectively then Im gunna cry for joy

5. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

FIRE EMBLEM!
    RESIDENT EVIL!
    FFCC!
    OMG!

*calms down*

:D Me wants now! Are these all launch titles? If so, then saving up $250 just ain't gonna cut it...

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

All the games I saw in the big Nintendo trailer I want. Barring the Dragon Ball Z and One Piece game. No offence like, but anime games have always left me lost and confused. If they make a good DBZ game though :D

I'm going to be spending too much on launch day :( Predicting to buy at least 50% of the launch titles mentioned.

7. takao thread starter macrumors 68040

takao

8. Malcster macrumors 6502

Duck Hunt is back!

E3 2006: Duck Hunt Cometh

Grab your Wii-mote because it's time to go hunting. New Wii version of classic shooter playable!
    by Matt Casamassina

May 10, 2006 - IGN Wii has learned that Nintendo is planning to showcase a Wii sequel to its classic shooter series Duck Hunt at its E3 2006 booth on Wednesday. The title will be playable. No other details about the project have yet been revealed, but we will of course serve up a full hands-on impressions when the time is right.

Duck Hunt arms players with a virtual shotgun and lets them blast away at a series of flying ducks. Given the precision aiming needed in the classic title, which worked with a light gun, it is all but certain that the Wii-mote wil act as the weapon this time around.

Stay tuned for more from the show floor on Wednesday

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/706/706955p1.html

9. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

This is awesome the resident evil series is coming to Wii....Hopefully it will be in the form of Resi 5 how cool would that be with the controller built in speaker when zombies grab hold of you....

ShadOW

10. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Yeah I always knew RE would come to the wii - I'm sure Capcom and others had to delay announcements for Wii games back then. When RE5 was announced for the PS3 and 360 we didn't even know the Wii's control scheme.

11. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Hahah. Awesome. I mean, it was sort of a given that they would do it, but cool to see that they really are. Now, the question is: will they somehow expand it out enough to justify making it it's own game (even a $19.99 budget one), put it on the Mario Galaxy disc as a bonus (ala the original NES SMB/Duck Hunt multi-cart), or throw it on the WiiSports disc and pack it in.

12. Malcster macrumors 6502

Yep =) maybe it will be small enough to be downloadable... :D i would hope they'll have a few downloadable games ready on launch.. like Geometry Wars on 360..

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh I like the sound of that. I reckon theres a good market for small Wii games. I even think Nintendo have hinted at that before, where you could download more than just Virtual Console games.
    If they make it a free to play game online then they have me.

14. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

That's a neat idea... my only concern is the fairly limited storage space the Wii offers, without having to spend extra money on SD cards. Sure, Duck Hunt could be pretty simple, but even a simple game with nice textures and sounds can add up pretty quick. 512mb will fill up fast if they offer things much larger than N64 games for download, and while SD memory isn't expensive, it is an expense you have to add it to what you are already paying for the d/l'd game.