gamestop policy

Discussion in 'Games' started by bokdol, Jun 13, 2006.

1. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

sorry did not know where to put it so i put it in games.

now that eb and gamestop have merged they have implimented new policies.

their new computer system records the data for trade in's no longer do you write the info in.

the info records all you info including birthday. while some people may find that is not a big deal. i have some problems with it. being that some emploies where not doing their job checking id's of people trading in. so now instead of someone looking at your id (like a bar) it is now recorded with all your other personal info. maybe i am just being paraniod.

if you go in a trade ask them what the other info is. there is an optional section that inputs hieght, hair color, eye color. and such. i was very wierded out by this. it seems that gamestop is tring to attanine as much info about you as possible.

does any one know where legally a company can ask for info? i am just wondering where the limit is on gain personal info from customers. they told me that without the info they would not do trades.

so just to inform my fellow mr community about what is going on at gamestop.

also i am mad that they did not give me the 20 buck extra that they gave other people for the ds trade up program. even though they started it up the next day.:mad:

2. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I'm sure its because of theft. You'd be amazed out how many rental stores get ripped off and the games end up at used game shops. When I was 17 I worked for a blockbuster, and we had huge problems with theft despite the new fangled magnetic locks on the cases. A sharp knife would cut the case open, allowing access to the game inside. We had cops come in one time investigating stolen games and they obtained lists of the stolen games and would go to the game stores around town, it was funny when they caught the group doing it.

3. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

is there a link for this promo somewhere?

4. bokdol thread starter macrumors 6502a

bokdol

no it's an instore promo and today is the last day. go to the store if you have a chance or call them and ask them.

it is a 20 extra on the ds trade in for a new ds lite.

i called customer service and hope they give me the 20 bucks.