Gaming in 2003

Discussion in 'Games' started by AHDuke99, Jan 12, 2003.

1. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

Nov 14, 2002
    Charleston, SC
    Aspyr has said that they will released at least a dozen triple-A(popular) games for the mac. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 is one of them. They also said they would release TW 2001 but they never did. I hope to see more sports games soon. Halo will also be released. I can only hope one of those twelve games will be SimCity 4. Any thoughts?
  2. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

Apr 14, 2002
    bat country
    hopefully, most of them will be games that aren't even out on the pc yet (and by that i mean they are ported quickly, if not released simultaneously). if it's going to be a year where we get tripple-a games from 3 years ago, that would be pretty sad.
  3. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

Oct 30, 2001
    London, UK
    I can't wait for the spate of Flight Sims coming to the Mac this year:

?Destineer should be porting MS Flight Simulator soon
    ?Graphsim are nearly finished their latest (OSX only) F/A-18 Hornet simulator - Target Iraq
    ?Feral Interactive should be releasing Commanche vs. Hokum (at long last...)
    ?X-Plane should be updated to Version 7, and X-Plane Combat is nearly complete
    ?Targetware have two fantastic looking simulators coming up - Target Korea and Target Rabaul (Pacific Air War)

Go to to see some screenshots, release dates, etc...

I'm just glad I bought my joystick last week. Now, at least I know that it'll get plenty of use.

4. Sol macrumors 68000

Jan 14, 2003
    Mac Racers Go Go Go!!!!

2003 will be a good year for me because of three titles: WipeOut 2097, F1 CS 2000 and Nascar 2002. WipeOut 2097 has been out for months allready but it will be updated with online play sometime soon and that is a big deal for me - those of you who remember the title from its PlayStation days would understand. F1 CS 2000 is the first Formula One game for OS X and it was the first game with force feedback for the Mac as well (despite what Steve Jobs may have said in his keynote). I have to buy this game and a good USB steering wheel because I doubt McLaren or Williams will ever let me drive their cars. Finally Nascar 2002 would be good to play through GameRanger but I hope we get a demo of it sometime soon.
  5. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

Oct 30, 2001
    London, UK
    Have you seen the system requirements for Nascar though?

They're ridiculous -

?G4 ONLY
    ?Minimum of 733Mhz Processor
    ?Dual Processor support for 500Mhz and above
    ?256Mb Ram (min.)
    ?32Mb Graphics (Min.)

I need to buy that Powerlogix Dual 1Ghz upgrade card for my little old Cube now...

6. DaedalusDE macrumors regular

Jul 15, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    God help Eidos if Deus Ex 2 doesnt make it to mac... they'll have hell to pay for that one
  7. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

Dec 3, 2002
    The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    all i have to say is:

Unreal Tournament 2003!!!!
  8. ELYXR macrumors regular

Dec 2, 2002
    Re: all i have to say is:

That's what I'm talkin' about! :D
  9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    Re: all i have to say is:

and NeverWinter Nights...due Summer/Fall 2002...did they miss the target? :D
  10. Jeffx342 macrumors regular

Sep 4, 2002
    North Andover