Gaming in bootcamp. PROBLEMS!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Noizretard, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Noizretard macrumors newbie

Hi friends and fellow Mac users.

Ive been using Apple`s products for some years now, im a pro musician, and sometimes when im in the studio i need a brake, so i brought my old "Command & Conquer" + "Zero Hour" game with me, suitable for XP and the macbook witch is the one im using for office and just fun should be more than able to run this game through Bootcamp too. Never the less, after installing the game everything looked right, but when starting the game it freezes about 10 sec into the startup and i have to "Ctrl -> Alt -> Delete".

So do any of u guys know what the problem is here, is it me, is there something im missing here. or is it a known problem that i dont know of..:confused:

Anyway i hope u can help me somehow :)

(Casper)

2. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

I don't know Windows super well, so bear with me here.

If you installed all the Apple drivers from Bootcamp, then go to display properties by right-clicking the desktop. Under advanced there are options for things like anti-aliasing. I know that Windows had a lot of default options on that I didn't want, so I changed them all to "controlled by application" or something to that effect. Then all my games played better. Check that out…

That's all I got.