Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
Hello everyone!

I ordered an Air 2010 11" today and I'm wondering what I can run on this puppy.

I'm not new to OS X. I have copies of Office, Photoshop, and a Windows XP disk for Boot Camp all from my past Macs (and hackintoshes). So this isn't a question on wether this is possible, it's more of us it practical.

Games I currently play:

Arma 2 (DayZ mainly)
Modern Warfare 2
Guitar Hero 3 (I'm a GH nerd :p)

That's pretty much it. I haven't checked requirements on the games, I'm gonna do that now, but if any of you have any experience with these games please let me know! Obviously the Air won't be my only system. I have a moderate gaming setup for my real gaming, this is just more of a bored in study hall at school/on vacation gaming.

Specs of the little guy:
C2D 1.6GHz
NVIDIA 320m w/ 256mb shared RAM
4GB RAM
128GB SSD.

Thanks guys! Tell me what you honestly think! Am I crazy?

Seems like game-debate.com says I can play both Modern Warfare 2 and Guitar Hero 3, however Arma 2 won't run as the 320m isn't powerful enough :( no mobile DayZ for me...

Last edited:

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
Arma 2 on this machine? I'm afraid you've answered that question yourself. MW2 should run with low settings.

Arma 2 runs at 30 Fps (With DayZ Panthera!) with low settings :O I couldn't believe it.

I didn't try MW2 yet but I'd imagine it'd work lightly better. Ill look at GH3 later.

Cyber735

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2013
Arma 2 runs at 30 Fps (With DayZ Panthera!) with low settings :O I couldn't believe it.

I didn't try MW2 yet but I'd imagine it'd work lightly better. Ill look at GH3 later.

Best news I've heard all day! I've been dying to play arma but never owned anything remotely capable of running it. Getting a 13" 2013 MBA later this week, so can't wait to try it! (even on low settings) :D

Thanks,

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
Best news I've heard all day! I've been dying to play arma but never owned anything remotely capable of running it. Getting a 13" 2013 MBA later this week, so can't wait to try it! (even on low settings) :D

Thanks,

That'll run even better probably! Just fool around with the settings and stuff to get it working well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.