Gaming on the 12" Powerbook

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by AHDuke99, Jul 14, 2003.

1. macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I'm getting ready to order a 12" Powerbook, I wanted to know how is the gaming on it. I will be playing Spearhead, Simcity 4, Tigerwoods 2003, etc. Probably not UT2003. Will everything run smoothly, I don't have the cash for a 15" Tibook. Also, will there be any speed bumps to it on Wednesday, or maybe a bigger graphics card. I want to get it in before Friday before I leave for vacation. I guess If they do change it at create, I can always cancel my order, or send it back. But I am hearing that create is going to be all about the 15.4" Powerbooks.

2. macrumors 65816

Find the return policy of the place you order before you place the order in case a newer model comes out.

These are good places to shop:

http://www.macprices.com/

3. macrumors regular

I had a 12" for a while, wasn't satisfied with the gaming results.

MOHAA and War3 were playable... but choppy, even at lower detail settings.

Given, I'm used to a 3 ghz + radeon 9700 pro gaming PC, but I've said it once and I'll say it again:

LAPTOPS ARE NOT FOR GAMING.

Kthx.

4. macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

I've played Spearhead on my 700mhz iBook. The maps take forever to load but it plays just fine.

5. macrumors regular

As long as you aren't playing any super advanced games, it should be just fine

6. macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

I'm playing Baldur's Gate II and Neverwinter Nights on my iBook 700 and it's working out well (getting around 20 fps on NWN, which is fine). I wouldn't expect your PB to be able to keep up with new games for much longer than another year or so though.