Gaming performance on BootCamp worse than on OS X?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by emperorvinayak, Feb 13, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Hey guys, so after months of frustration due to unplayable fps, I decided to find out what the problem was.

When I play Portal on my 2011 13" Macbook Pro OSX, it runs smoothly without any problems whatsoever!
    However, when I try to do the same on bootcamp, it lags so much! I get about 3-5 fps!

Is it a problem with the drivers for windows being inferior?
    All drivers for windows are up to date. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Here's what I have:
    RAM - 4GB
    Disk Space - 500GB (250 bootcamp and 250 OSX)
    Graphics Card - Intel HD 3000
    Processor - Intel core i7 - 2.7Ghz
    DirectX 11

Thanks y'all!

2. macrumors 6502

see if you can download the lastest hd4000 driver on intel.com

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

I have intel HD 3000, not 4000. I ran the update utility and intel says drivers are up to date. You think I should still try to install the Intel HD 4000 drivers?
    Thanks!

(also, does anyone here know what the real cause is?)

4. macrumors 6502

oh my bad, yea search on the intel site.

but again its only hd3000 integrated graphics....can't really play games on it.

hope u find a good driver

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Bump

Anyone with any ideas yet? I must stress again, The game is running FINE on mac osx .. its windows where it is lagging.. I hope I'm doing something wrong. . :confused:

6. macrumors newbie

I have been suffering the same performance problem when gaming in BootCamp. I have an MBP Late 2011 of 15 inches with an integrated graphic card INTEL HD 3000 of 512 MB and a the AMD Radeon 6770M with 1 GB of RAM.

So, I've updated the graphic card inside Bootcamp by using I don't know which drivers that I found in this forum and the hell... the drivers works like a charm. I think the GPU performance have been increased in about a 25%.

Here is the link to the drivers: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

And here is the post from where I took the data: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1427806

Check the links shown in that thread, because they show the compatibility of the drivers and your card.

Have a great gaming experience!

Ø3 :)

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply mate!

However, the 13" comes only with the intell HD 3000, it has no AMD card!

8. macrumors newbie