Gaming through VirtualBox (running XP)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by k2spitfire88, Mar 31, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502

I was wondering if it is possible to run a few old pc games in virtualbox. Old games, such as, Star Trek: Armada 2, Bridge Commander, and Elite Force. Would I be able to get the performance needed from this (I think the newest game is from 2003, maybe) or do i need to go boot camp?

2. macrumors regular

yep , Virtual Box should be just fine for you =) Have you tried CrossOver for those?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

What is CrossOver?

Edit: NVM, found it. I'll give that a trial run, and see if it works. Have you used it before?

4. macrumors regular

Yep I've bought it I run some apps on it .. even games like SimCity 4 (I think windows version kicks ass mac version haha) or apps like Photoshop ;) some other old games as FIFA 99 and Quake 3 Arena ;)

5. macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

For some odd reason, when attempting to run Bridge Commander, it gets to the point where I am about to start the game (after loading the initial movie and everything) and then it tells me the cd is not in the drive when it clearly is. Is this crossover's fault or did i set something up wrong?