gaming with a TIbook 667

Discussion in 'Games' started by wr0x2, Oct 12, 2003.

1. wr0x2 macrumors member

Oct 12, 2003
    I have a TIbook 667, and was wondering what I can expect to play (enjoyably). I've tried UT2k3 and the game is unplayable, it's around 1 or 2 FPS with all options on minimum.

The TIbook has 512 MB ram, and 16 MB vram. I've been playing EV nova, but the FPS on that is only around 45 at max! What's up??? I've also tried the MOH spearhead demo (I'm on cable) and it's playable but gets pretty choppy at times.

If I got Simcity 4, would it be unplayable or would it play fairly smoothly at medium detail?

I got the PB for $1000, would've buying one of the newer PBs for $2000 have been a better choice? Also, is there anything that I can do that will speed up some of my games?
  2. Angelus macrumors 6502

Apr 19, 2002
    New Zealand
    I too have a 667 powerbook with 512 RAM but my one has the Radeon card with 32MB. I suspect that your graphics card is whats holding you back because while my tibook isn't phenomenal it comfortably plays graphic intensive games like Black &White with high quality settings,the same applies to medal of honour. Still i think simcity would cripple my tibook so i don't know what that means for your one.
  3. rickvanr macrumors 68040

Apr 10, 2002
    simcity 4000 runs slow on my 1GHz tibook with 512 ram and 64mb graphics card

for me, im sticking with sim city 2000, still the best in the series imho...