gang members entering U.S.: ‘Why are we letting him in here?’

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jun 14, 2014.

1. jkcerda, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014

macrumors regular

jkcerda

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/14/border-agents-lament-mexican-gang-members-entering/

hard to keep crime down with known thugs entering.
    EDIT, more links
    http://www.kpho.com/story/25754976/...e-obama-to-take-action-in-illegal-immigration

2. macrumors 65816

Don't you ever get tired of constantly ginning up pointless outrage? Or are you one of those people who just likes making everyone unhappy?

3. thread starter macrumors regular

jkcerda

I love irony.. your pointless outrage is making me unhappy :D

4. macrumors 65816

Your answer to everything is more guns.

There really is no point in discussing anything with you, since you already know the answer to everything: More guns.

I'm not outraged. I don't really care.If you want to delude yourself and your gun-loving buddies, thats fine by me.

Go play with your guns some more until you feel better.

5. macrumors demi-god

lostngone

He was asking/posting a question. He didn't say anything about guns?

You are the one bringing them up

6. thread starter macrumors regular

jkcerda

stuck at work, at no point did I mention guns, you are brought them up.

7. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

Please point out where in the OP was there any mention of guns. Perhaps you should get your eyes checked.:rolleyes:

8. macrumors 65816

Let me put it, politely, by saying that I doubt your sincerity in having a serious and productive discussion of the topic.

Immigration is a highly complex topic, wrought with factors such as our basic humanity as a nation, global and regional economics, the geopolitical history of the United Staes; civil liberties; and life in a nation that is rapidly becoming bi-lingual.

But somehow I cannot shake the belief that this thread was created merely to provide yet another opportunity for the same tired cast of characters to repeat the same tired litany of baseless lies and assorted Fox New propaganda against our current President.

No?

9. thread starter macrumors regular

jkcerda

1. first thing you posted was "Your answer to everything is more guns." when I did not mention them at all.

2. just how does letting in known gang members help our civil liberties & help our economy?

3 perhaps this part of your post applies to you. "Let me put it, politely, by saying that I doubt your sincerity in having a serious and productive discussion of the topic."

4. NO, the one bringing up guns & even the president happens to be YOU, put the victim card away.

10. macrumors 68030

.Andy

They are children. You have fallen for a dailymail article about children. The bottom-dwelling dailymail. They are demonising children as dangerous, hardened, gangland criminals without any evidence whatsoever. And you are regurgitating it as gospel. The dailymail is an absolute dogwhistle abomination that appeals to the lowest common denominator. They prey on racism and xenophobia to sell advertising. You have swollowed their filth hook, line, and sinker.

11. macrumors 68020

Macky-Mac

well maybe it answers some inner need for him? :p

12. macrumors 68000

Happybunny

You two sound like founder members of "Angry White Dude.com":p

----------

The thing that really worries me is when I hear that the Daily Mail is the UK's second largest newspaper.:(

13. macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

*shrug* Bild is by far Germany's largest newspaper, doesn't mean they are taken serious much.

Sure there is some sort of KaasBlaad in the Netherlands too.

14. macrumors 68000

Happybunny

The fact that such a paper has that many readers, means that they the readers, agree to a good part of the articles, and editorials that the paper prints.

Our rabble paper de Telegraaf is by world standards very mild.:p

http://www.telegraaf.nl

15. macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

"Children" can be gang members too... As a matter of fact many gang members are under the age of 18 in the United States. Our lax immigration enforcement is to blame for these gang members being allowed to enter and stay in the USA.

16. macrumors 68030

.Andy

I suggest it's time to re-evaluate your life when you are trying to stereotype and demonise children through ideological xenophobia. It's disgusting.

Source please.

17. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think a lot of people read the Daily Mail for the celebrity gossip. I'm sure a lot of other readers are still racist. But they aren't public about it.

18. macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

No one with serious drug or violent offenses should be allowed into the US.

19. macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

20. macrumors 65816

As a general rule Americans ought not to quote - let alone believe - articles they find in the British tabloid press.

The British tabloid newspaper is fundamentally different to what we are used to here in the USA. And it takes a very high degree of skepticism, wisdom, and general knowledge - to say nothing of reading comprehension and critical thinking skills - for Americans to correctly interpret what is being said, and what the (probable) actual facts are behind a headline.

More succinctly, you need to ask yourself why this story is being reported in the British Daily Mail. If this really was a story, why isn't it being reported in the (Tucson) Arizona Daily Star or the Arizona Republic?

You need to look beyond the headlines. Really.

21. macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Better Source?

Border agent laments gang members entering U.S.: ‘Why are we letting him in here?’

22. macrumors 65816

Actually, worse.

You see how up there I used the phrase "critical thinking"" Do you know what that means?

Because its quite apparent to me that the Washington Times article you cited is merely repeating the Daily Mail story earlier. It quotes the exact same people, using exactly the same phrases. The Washington Times didn't send a reporter down to Arizona to interview anyone.

23. macrumors 68030

.Andy

They are both the same sources as the OP. Are you reading the thread? Have you read either link?

These are the children you and jkcera are trying to demonise as gang members for your own ideological xenophobia. Children you are trying to pretend are members of MS-13 for your own political agendas. All for being born on the wrong side of an imaginary line. You couldn't sink any lower than attacking children IMO.

24. macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Well actually no not much better at all.The Washington Times is a Moonie connected right wing rag and that article is a direct lift of an article from the NationalReview another right wing rag.
    The National Border Control Council is a labour union (I could have sworn I saw a post from you saying unions were bad things) so fairly obviously it is part of their job to big up border problems they are after all just protecting jobs and their very lucrative overtime payments.
    Also statements from one of their leaders with out sources means it is hearsay and not evidence.
    Meanwhile the ACLU has filed a case against the Border Patrol people alleging abuse (including sexual abuse):

https://www.aclu.org/immigrants-rig...dren-report-serious-abuse-us-officials-during

Neither of the two papers (one is actually a magazine) mentioned are independent businesses but run on donations etc from right wing supporters.

25. macrumors 68030

.Andy

It is nice to see people clambering to take a statement of a Union Official as gospel. I wonder why it doesn't happen over other topics?

Indeed. Even worse when it is a right wing rag that posts pictures of heavily tattooed MS-13 pictures to demonise them.