iPad mini Gap between bezel and screen ipad mini normal?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by daantje22, Dec 10, 2012.

1. macrumors member

daantje22

is a gap between the bezel and screen on an ipad mini normal? the bottom and top part are closer together, but on the left and right side of the ipad mini, the bezel is further apart from the screen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

Yeah, there's gaps on everything. Look at a MacBook Pro very closely and you'll see it too. That's the problem with any bezels that are not black.

3. Defender2010, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012

macrumors 68000

Defender2010

No, it's not normal! It's just bad workmanship. I got my ipad Mini swapped at the Apple Store as it had this gap present....dust and lint gets caught there very easily. The replacement is tightly sealed around all 4 sides. If you can live with this, fine, if not, Apple will swap it without any trouble.

4. thread starter macrumors member

daantje22

Anyone else? Others who have the same (with pics?) or others who don't have this problem?

My iPad 3 is tight around the bezel, only my iPad mini and iPhone 5 have this gap, but with the iPhone 5 i find tons of people who have the same

5. macrumors member

My black ipad mini has those same gaps, so I'm guessing its normal. Since its black its not as obvious unless you look closely for it, but its there.

6. thread starter macrumors member

daantje22

7. macrumors 6502

fenjen

A small line between the glass and the bezel is normal. However, the gap should be consistent in size, which is not the case with your iPad. So if it bothers you, return it.

8. macrumors 6502

Your iPad mini has very poor workmanship. The gaps are not even and uniform.

This was painfully obvious on one of my defective iPad minis. It went back and I got it replaced.

There is supposed to be a slight gap but it's supposed to be even and uniform.

9. macrumors 68000

Shadowbech

It sure does have a gap, and I can clearly detect that yours have a gap as I scrolled your pics up and down several times. If it's bothering you, take it back and replace it.