Garage Sale or iSale

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lexus, Jul 4, 2006.

1. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

My Garage Sale is not working properly and was thinking of switching to iSale. Can you tell me anything about it.

Thanks alot

2. eddx macrumors regular

eddx

not much...just installed iSale - demo (not purchased yet). But so far so good. It seems very "iLife" style. Never used Garage sale (or ebay for that matter). But iSale seems very feature filled and simple to use. I love it - some cool templates etc. Try the demo for yourself.

3. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

iSale is CRAP do not buy it it is confusing to use and the templates suck. The only good thing is the UI.

4. FragTek macrumors 6502

rofl ur the one asking questions about it and now you're telling people not to get it, lollers. I find that amusing :)

5. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

I had the same thought!

6. eddx macrumors regular

eddx

iSale seems a lot easier for new ebay users like myself, I google searched garage sale but couldnt seem to find a website. Anyone got the URL link?

Not purchased iSale yet but I wouldnt want to make the wrong decision if this Garage sale is sooo much better?

Any way I could get a demo version of Garage Sale software (or is this software free - even better).

7. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

8. eddx macrumors regular

eddx

This Garage Sale software looks great, doesnt seem quite as user friendly but it IS much cheaper and seems easy enough to use. What exactly went wrong with the software? What has broken for you?

9. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

my .mac account was corrupt. It works fine with my other .mac account. The Garage Sale people were great in dealing with the issue and very fast.

10. majorp macrumors 6502

11. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

i love isale. having used both garagesale and isale, i give the nod to isale.

12. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

What would you say is the best 3 features?

13. FragTek macrumors 6502

I guess I forgot to give my opinion on this matter. My personal favorite is GarageSale for sure. The interface is great, very simple to use and they have some great themes bundled with it. It also includes an easy to use theme creator so you can make your own themes for use with GarageSale.

Highly recommended, and for the small price of it, it's a bargain!

14. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

that's easy.
    1) .mac integration
    2) intuitive easy to use interface
    3) included templates

equinux also seems more professional than iwascoding as a company (based on the app itself and the website).

15. FragTek macrumors 6502

The thing I dislike most about iSale is the poor selection of templates. They have quite a few but they're far too plain for my taste. The one main theme they use they just made like 339897397 different colors of it and added some other shoddy templates and called it good.

I don't mind the interface though. I think the biggest flaw is the poor templates, other than that it's an OK app.

16. pardonator macrumors newbie

I prefer garagesale over isale, i've used them both.

However my garagesale is now refusing to load, it starts up and instantly quits. I've tried removing, reinstalling, repairing etc with no luck. Even the garagesale guys arn't sure :(

17. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

18. generik macrumors 601

generik

I prefer GarageSale over iSale (i purchased both, yes yes.. big sucker) and while basically what I like about GarageSale is the scheduler, as well as the nicer templates. Also prefered the integration with iPhotos as well.

iSale has a more intuitive interface, but really without the scheduler it is just a offline listing composer that looks pretty. After I got over the initial "WOW" i realised there is actually very little that I can do with it.

Both apps IMO leave a lot to be desired with it comes to post auction management features. I'd love to see further integration in which'd let me reply to eBay messages and better yet auto return positive feedbacks.

19. Atlasland macrumors 6502

I just downloaded the GarageSale demo, and its as slow as a motherf*ck*r.

Every time I click on the "Preview" Tab, it takes about 20 seconds to load all the Previews. The other tabs aren't too speedy either.

Surely an iMac G5 2.0 should be able to handle an app like GarageSale? What's going on?

20. tektonnic macrumors 6502

tektonnic

Never used either myself but iSale just won an Apple Design Award for best User Experience if it helps.

21. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

I admit it has an incredible interface but not all features are easy to use.

22. Cocobolo macrumors member

Cocobolo

Software for Ebay Motors

It doesn't look like either software package has support for ebay motors. Am I missing something or am I sol?

23. majorp macrumors 6502

24. Cocobolo macrumors member

Cocobolo

25. aptmunich macrumors member

Maczot

Hey guys,

I noticed that Maczot.com is selling iSale today... I thought I'd mention it as I'd seen some of you were considering eBaying software.

They always have pretty nice discounts at Maczot...