Garageband 2 and M-Audio Fast Track Recording

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JOHNMR1, Apr 5, 2005.

1. JOHNMR1 macrumors newbie

Hi, I've just upgraded to Garageband 2 and bought the M-Audio Fast Track USB. I've set up the Fast Track and I can get all of the sounds etc when using my guitar and the GT Player software supplied with Fast Track - great. The problem happens when I try and record what I am palying in Garageband 2 - I get the basic input guitar sound, but not any of the effects. Anybody any suggestions as to why this might be happening?

2. James L macrumors 6502a

GT Player software is stand alone... you can't create your tone in GT Player, and then record that tone in GarageBand.

Is that what you mean?

3. JOHNMR1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I guess that's what I mean - I thought you could record the tone externally from GT Player - obviously not. I'll persevere with recording inside GT Player - though the results aren't always good. Thanks for the reply - saves me trying to look for something that isn't there. :)

4. James L macrumors 6502a

No problem.... though if you figure out how to import the Fast Track tones into GB be sure to let me know!

With GB, you should get the first Jam Pack. It has 15 more guitar settings, and really opens up a world of tones for recording guitar in GB. I use my strat, into the Fast Track, into GB all the time and I have a dozen or so good sounds I really like.

Cheers,

James

5. JOHNMR1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip, James - I have a strat too. I'll go back to the Apple store and take a look.
    Cheers,
    John.