garageband 3 help please

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by laidbackliam, Apr 12, 2006.

1. laidbackliam macrumors 6502

i'm currently transferring some vinyl i have to my macbook. i'm using garageband to get it all done.

i'm putting everything in as one side, but i would like to split the tracks. does anyone have any idea as to how to do this? i used cdwav editor when i had a windows machine, but i just don't know what to use right now. if its built into garageband, could someone point it out to me?

thanks muchly

liam

2. laidbackliam thread starter macrumors 6502

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

4. laidbackliam thread starter macrumors 6502

if its that simple, i'm gonna kick myself.

really hard

5. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    Look into getting Audio Hijack....

It's a lifesaver for vinyl conversions.

also, Bias soundsoap 2 for "touching up the sound"

Not the free method, but one of the best methods.

and ya, edit split, will do it in G band.

Create a new track, drag the new track you "split" down into it, continue on until you have all your songs split up on seperate tracks.

Then, I think you can "mute" the ones you don't want to bounce or import, leaving just the one track you want to bounce.

when you "export to iTunes, or bounce to disc" it should just export the one track that you left unmuted.

At least that's how I think it works..

You can also record the whole thing as one track, export to iTunes, and then split it up in iTunes itself...that's a fairly long winded explanation though..

Or get Audio Hijack....

Good luck.