Garageband 3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by seabass069, Jan 11, 2006.

1. seabass069 macrumors regular

Does anyone know when the upgrade to Garageband 3 will be available? Will this be a free upgrade or do we have to buy the new iLife '06?

2. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

3. seabass069 thread starter macrumors regular

So if my new Macmini came with iLife '05, I am forced to purchase iLife '06. Shouldn't Apple have some type of grace period for new Mac owners and the software that came with the new Mac?

4. Annon macrumors member

iLife comes out every year in January. Your version of iLife still works, but if you want the new version, you'll just have to buy the new version.

For what you get, $79.00 is incredibly cheap for this software package.

5. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Plus you're supporting Apple. I think that's worth $79.

6. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

They do, but it tends to be only Macs bought after the updates are announced, but before they have had time to filter through to the stores.

I believe that they sometimes extend this back to before the announcement, but this only tends to be for a very short period of time (as in only a few days.)

7. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

I can almost swear that there was a $20 upgrade option if you wanted to upgrade to iLife'05, but I cannot see a similr deal for iLife'06 now. Do you think they'll have an upgrade option later on?

8. tag macrumors 6502a

tag

Searching around apples site I found this upgrade option. You can upgrade to iLife '06 from '05 for $9.95 if you bought a qualifying new computer on or after January 10th 2006. Link at http://www.apple.com/ilife/uptodate/

9. Meyvn macrumors 6502

There was a 20 dollar option for a certain grace period. That WAS the grace period. There wasn't then and will not be an upgrade this time for regular users.