Garageband help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MBMatt11, Jul 22, 2006.

1. MBMatt11 macrumors newbie

I am a new mac user and am trying out garageband. When I go to the browser and choose the column view and go to all it says I only have 429 loops though the folder in library/audio/apple loops/apple/apple loops for garageband/ has over 1000 files. I can't get it to display all the files. Please help. thanks so much. I have the same problem when trying to add a folder of my old acid loops.

2. freiheit macrumors 6502a

I believe that GarageBand only displays the loops that fit the timing scheme of your project (ie 4:4 time, 3:4 time or whatever). It also might be only displaying Real Instrument loops which are within 1 or 2 semitones of your track -- I seem to remember seeing that option in the GB preferences (GB 2 here).

3. mikorp macrumors newbie

wondering if someone can talk me through using an external mic as a real insterment garageband. i have a mic going into a little phantom power mixer, and am not sure what port i need to use to go into the computer. i tried the mini mic and headphones ports. no luck. does it need to be usb?

4. Navintar macrumors member

external microphone can go to the mic. port without problem. If you use a condenser, phantom power is required.

There is USB mic avaliable, but I'd doubt its sound quality comparing to the common microphones.

Did you check the sound input status bar instead of just trying to hear it to verify that it works?

5. mikorp macrumors newbie

i did use a standard stereo to mini stereo cord out of the phantom power mixer into the imac, and tried to setup a real insterment, but could not get any audio to come in. i tried 2 diff cords, confirmed i was using the proper out on the mixer. don't know garageband at all, so not sure what to look at next. thanks again for your time. this will make my homegirl very happy!

Did you check the sound input status bar instead of just trying to hear it to verify that it works?[/QUOTE]

6. MBMatt11 thread starter macrumors newbie

The option to only diplay loops within two semitones is disabled. I added a folder of 500 loops and I used the sdk to make sure they are all 4/4 timing, yet only 243 get displayed. Also out of all the garageband loops only 428 get displayed. Is that how many you guys have when you browse in column view and click on all when you create a new project with a 4/4 timing scheme? This is really frustrating!

7. freiheit macrumors 6502a

I don't even see the number of loops in GarageBand 2 when I click All. The only place it shows a number of loops is when I get down to the third column, but that's small numbers of specific types of loops. Sorry I couldn't help more.