garageband instruments help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rotem, Oct 19, 2006.

1. rotem macrumors newbie

just installed gb , where are the instruments,other then bass and few drums cant find other instruments, where are they?, where should they be?, help:confused:

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Look in the Loop Browser at bottom left. You should be able to click on 'Column View'. This will then bring up the following window on the bottom:

[​IMG]

All your installed instruments are here.

3. rotem thread starter macrumors newbie

first off all ,thanks for answering ,but...

thank you,but for some reason everything there is in loop format, not even one instrument to play with, where should jampack file be? ,does it have anything other then loops? help... wonna play

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Software instruments will show up under the track inspector. Create a new software instrument track (I think you get one set to piano by default in a new project), then click the i-in-a-circle button at the bottom right of the main window. On your right, there should be a list of all the installed instruments.

5. rotem thread starter macrumors newbie

still need help with garageband

when i start a new project ,it start with "inst 1" as an instrument and when i go to info i just see bass and drumkits (beatshift i think) ,no tools like piano strings ets. ,where should those missing instruments be? cant find them ,help...

6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Plain old GarageBand should come with some pianos, guitars, drums, goofy synth sounds, and a few more toys. You definitely shouldn't have that few options.

Take a peek at your hard drive, under Library:Application Support:GarageBand:Sampler Instruments and see what is there. All those should be available to you.

You may want to go ahead and reinstall GarageBand if things are that screwy.

7. rotem thread starter macrumors newbie

gb problem ,continued.

no, nothing but drum and bass there, maybe i should reinstall, thanks:(

8. rotem thread starter macrumors newbie

gb problem ,continued part2...

o.k , i try to reinstall and now it says "instrument library is invalid" and that it expects to see one in library/app. support/ garageband.
    what should i do now? :confused: