**garageband Issues**

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by witer, Jan 28, 2006.

1. witer macrumors newbie

I have a Power mac G4-mirror front, Duel 1.27 MHz running OS X 10.3.9, with 768 mbs of RAM. The basics, but enough to run iLIFE, right? After completing my podcast and hitting export to either iTUNES or iWEB, Garageband runs me through all the normal stuff, converting and such, but never gets me any further. Has anyone experienced any problems similar to this, and can anyone help me?

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

What do you mean that it doesn't get you any further? What does that mean?

3. witer thread starter macrumors newbie

It means exactly what I said. GARAGEBAND puts me through the motions of "creating mixdown" and then just stops and nothing else happens. As I've looked throught the tutorials on Apple's website, it indicates that a dialogue to name and save the podcast should be next. Your question seems a little rhetorical and I'd appreciate help.

4. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Hey, calm down dude. Varmit's trying to help you out, and I didn't understand what you mean from your original post either. Plus, nobody with a Jayne 'tar could be all bad.

Does this happen with regular Garageband songs, or just Podcasts?

5. zathras macrumors member

zathras

I am seeing the same issues - I export to iWeb and it goes through merging everything and then the conversion process. After it finishes it just crashes.

For now I've just set it to save locally instead of publishing. Then I manually copy it over to iWeb.