GarageBand on a MacBook?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by d_saum, Dec 11, 2006.

1. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

Hey all,

Im an amateur musician and want to start recording using GarageBand. I have a 2 ghz core duo MacBook with 2 gig of ram and a 60 GB hard drive. Im just wondering if anyone out there has done some recording with this setup and if so, have you had any issues with the hard drive speed? How many tracks can you typically record? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!

Dave

2. amiga macrumors 6502

amiga

Don't forget there will be people out there using G4 and G5 processors. You shouldn't have any problem, I use an iMac G5 with one gig of RAM and it works fine, I've not yet run it to issues with numbers of tracks and I must have used 8/9... :)

3. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Pretty surre all macbooks have 5400rpm drives. That's sufficient for a few channels. If you want high track counts then maybe look into an external drive or a 7200rpm internal drive.

4. d_saum thread starter macrumors 6502

d_saum

yeah, Im thinking I wont need more than 5 tracks total but was worried the 5400rpm wouldn't be fast enough. If it is though, that'd rock! :cool:

5. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I ran this on an iBook G4 1.33Ghz and 256Mb RAM :eek: I think your macbook should handle it fine.

//it was a 4500 RPM Hard drive