Garageband PC equivilent

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Skawful, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Skawful macrumors newbie

Dec 15, 2004
    I've searched for this question in the forums and haven't found what I'm looking for. Some simple q's:

-Is there any program (for pc) that has the USB compatible keyboard and preset instruments like GB does? (acid maybe?)
    -OR is there any other program that is a lot like garageband?

Don't tell me to get a mac... LOL i have 11 that are 2001 or later BUT my pc is just somkin fast and theres A LOT of latency on the mac i use for GB... and also it is SLOW! I really want to get some sort of program for my 64bit pc... help! :D
  2. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

Sep 18, 2003
    London, UK
    There is no decent PC equivalent to GarageBand.

However, there is more choice in terms of cheap alternatives. For aronud the $50 mark you can get the same sort of program but they just aren't anywhere near as simple or easy to use as GarageBand.

I bought Magix Music Studio 7 two or three years back for my ameteur music-producing needs for that kind of price range and it's really good, but its much more complicated than GarageBand. I believe there's a newer version of it out now (go to but once I got GarageBand, there was no turning back. (Actually, I was about to have to concede and shell out for Logic Express as I was a new Mac switcher). (Oh and it's Music Studio you want, not Music Maker, which is a loop arranger).

Hopefully GarageBand will get more performance-efficient in future releases. I feel an update may be coming for iLife '05 in January.
  3. neilrobinson macrumors 6502

Aug 21, 2004
    Perth, WA, Australia