Garageband printing help?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pianodude123, Aug 30, 2005.

1. pianodude123 macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

I finally got my keyboard hooked up to my new powermac g5. In garageband, i recorded a song through the keyboard and when i go to the notation view, i want to print the score...is this possible, ive trtied command P, and that doesnt work...??/??????HEEElEPLEPELELP

2. catchbar macrumors newbie

me too!

I have this same problem! Any tips? I can't use the keyboard with SmartScore because it won't record without a midi-out! This is an awful dilemna! Anyone?

3. pianodude123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

Are there any third party apps that can do this that anyone knows of...i found out that garageband cant print the score...but i think logic can. However, i dont want to spend near 1000 dollars just to do that!!???

4. jer446 macrumors 6502a

5. pianodude123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

UGHHHHHGHGHGHGHGHG

INeffiecient and requires photoshop because they just "HAD to make it be horizontal"!!~!!!!!

6. tag macrumors 6502a

tag

Sadly it's not possible to directly print out musical notation from Garageband(as complained about in many Garageband reviews that I have seen), if you wanted to stick solely to apple products I do believe you can with Logic Express/Pro though.

I myself just got a midi keyboard two weeks ago and this thread peaked my interest. :D I did some searching and it seems the only real option seems to be getting a program that is specifically for musical notation which can then export midi files to Garageband. The only two I found after a quick search were Harmony Assistant and Easybeat, though both do cost some money. Maybe someone out there knows of a freeware app that will do the same thing.

Heres a quick quote about the limited notation abillity from macworld..

7. daniel hatch93 macrumors newbie

yeah, i'm completely new to macs but i think i have found out how to print good quality sheet music off garageband

in mucking around i found out that you can convert it into a pdf and print from there

from garageband go to file print... then on the bottom left there is a icon titled pdf
    hit that and a menu drops down click save as pdf
    choose where to, the title stuff like that and click save

and that saves any instruments sheet music
    you'd just have to repeat it for different instruments
    its fairly quick and easy too