Garageband version??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by warlockd, Apr 30, 2005.

1. warlockd macrumors newbie

i need help!! im a newbie to the whole apple world , i just bought an apple mac mini with ilife '05 . when i go to garage band and click "about garageband" it says it is version 1.1.0 <<< is that garageband 2? or have i been ripped off somehow?
    cheers for any input .
    :eek:

2. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

Very odd, no you don't have garageband 2, I think with the minis they shipped with iLife 04, but include the ilife 05 DVD. Simply insert it and install the contents and you should be up and running. Good luck! Remember to run software update often!

3. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

Yes, I think you got one with iLife 05 in the box but not installed. It's a green DVD that will install newer versions of all the apps.

And GB2 is great--you're in for a treat :)

PS, You can also get an app's version # (and other info) by clicking the icon in the Finder and choosing Get Info (cmd-I) from the File menu.

And to GET to that icon in the first place, you can command-click the app's dock icon. A Finder window will open showing the actual app's icon.

4. warlockd thread starter macrumors newbie

bugger

i guess i shouldnt have sold the dvd then huh? ah well ill just borrow it and install my damn garageband 2 !!!!!!!!!!!