Garden design software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jaseman, Jul 6, 2006.

1. jaseman macrumors newbie

I have recently bought a MacBook and my parents have asked me if I could draw up some design ideas for their garden.

Does anyone know of any software for the mac where I could sketch up a scale drawing and layouts for a garden design. I only want a relatively cheap app as it is only for home use, not commercial.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Mass Hysteria macrumors regular

errrrrrrr dont bother

I used Geoff Hamiltons garden designer which was for PC but free in the library!

after using it, I realised that it would have been quicker and easier using a book, pen and paper (which I have done since) cos it took ages, and the results were . . . . . mmmmmmm . . . ok.

Just look for stuff you like in a good book, and apply it to your plot . . .

sorry its not printoutable. . . just so much easier!!

3. jaseman thread starter macrumors newbie

What about OmniGraffle, I have heard it is supposed to be a good diagramming tool for the Mac. Does that have any templates for laying out a garden design, or am I really best with simple pen and paper?

4. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

OmniGraffle is for flowcharts and the like. There is no garden-plug-in, as far as I can see in it (v4, NON-Pro).

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    There is an Omnigraffle gardening tool - it's not wildly detailed, so there's no specific plants, but certainly allows you to lay out paths, decking, ponds etc

http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnigraffle/extras/

about halfway down the page.

You could download the trial version of Omnigraffle and the Gardening stencil to see how it suits before you fork out for it