Garlic Bread.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wmmk, Jun 25, 2006.

1. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

Well, call me crazy, but my new favorite food is garlic bread, especially the "Texas Toast" variety. Do any other macheads like garlic bread?

2. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

3. Queso macrumors G4

Oh yes, love the stuff, especially the way they serve it at Pizza Express (known as Pizza Marzano in some countries).

Keeps biting insects away during the summer too, although you do have to change your bedsheets more often as your sweat really stinks :)

4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Love it.

It's been a staple in our house ever since I was a kid. It was one of the first thing I learned to make while learning to cook. You have to make it from scratch though, press the garlic, melt the butter, add some secret ingredients ;) etc.

5. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

It's good, but too much cheese really ruins it. Actually, I don't like any cheese on mine. Just the olive oil, spices, and so on.

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    What on earth is the 'Texas Toast' variety?

I love the stuff... ideally when it's made with thin pizza-crusts with a drizzling of olive oil and garlic rather than with heavy loaves made heavier with butter/margerine.

Strada do a fabulous one in London ;)

7. wmmk thread starter macrumors 68020

wmmk

I love strada! Making it with garlic bread never crossed my mind. Well, I kow what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow:) The best garlic brwead, IMHO, is either grilled or toasted. I can't stand garlic bread out of the oven.

8. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I just love anything with garlic in it (it runs in the family), hence I like garlic bread in all it's variations and forms. What I don't like is "garlic bread" that has a bit of parsley in it but hardly any garlic! :mad:

Most of the commercial varieties aren't garlicy enough for me so I usually make my own. Sometimes we even just have brown sourdough bread with butter and slices of raw garlic. It's fantastic but nobody wants to talk to you the next day. :p I recommend mint chewing gum.

9. iBrow macrumors regular

Garlic Bread has to be one of my all time favorite snacks, I dont have it enough though. :(

10. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

You know, I used to visit MR because I enjoyed reading on all the Mac news, enjoying the craziness in the Community section, etc. Now all it does is make me hungry. :p :p

Haha, just kidding, I love this board. And I LOVE garlic bread. Greatest invention ever. After Mac OS X of course.

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Yum to garlic bread.....yuck to the person talking to you that just finish eating garlic bread.

Always have a mint handy

Bless

12. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Texas toast is basically just double-thick sliced white bread. It's also fractionally more dense than regular bread; you can't see through it like you can with regular bread. It also makes a killer grilled cheese sandwich.

13. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

The best garlic bread I've ever had was made using ciabatta bread, a TON of butter, and a TON of garlic. I remember it being almost 50% butter by content... it just melted in your mouth and was amazingly garlicky.

Damn, now I feel like I need to go buy some ciabatta bread and make some...

14. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

MMMMMM! I loves me the garlic bread!

Usually, I get lazy and slather some vegan-cesar salad dressing on bread, then broil it.. YUM!

Stupid MR.. I've probably gained 10 pounds since coming here, what with all the pancakes, chinese food, thai food, and now garlic bread.

FACT: Texas Toast is available ANYWHERE in the country, not just Texas.
    FACT 2: In Texas, we call "texas toast" TOAST. Normal toast is called melba toast, and melba toast doesn't exist. We do it big.

I should be the ambassador to Texas.. awesome.

15. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

16. ----Bowie----, Jun 25, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  17. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

Garlic bread is great, but no matter what you do, you wake up with garlic breath in the morning. :eek: :(

18. diehldun macrumors 6502a

oooh yes!

Texas Toast is the best! We always have Costco-sized boxes at our house, ready for the occasion. In fact, I think I'll get some ready since my mom is cooking spaghetti :)

19. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Hell yeah! Garlic bread rocks. My favorite is from Alexia, it's a garlic baguette, but it contains dairy (butter) and since I'm trying to go vegan I'll have to find an alternative.

20. iShane macrumors 6502a

Ahh! I love garlic bread so much. I haven't had it for a while though. :(

21. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

garlic bread is one of my all time favorite foods. When my mom makes it i eat about 7-8 pieces :eek:

22. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

ooooh yes.

Love it.

Best garlic bread is at this italian restaurant called Ciantis. They make garlic bread out of their fresh dinner rolls and mmmm it's soooo good.

23. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Who doesn't like Garlic Bread? It's good stuff especially done the right way. Texas Toast is good too but one summer I kept eating it and I just got sick of it. I bought those freezer ones and ate them all the time. I'm glad I got sick of them, they can't be that healthy.

24. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

I'm not allowed to make garlic bread anymore.

Apparently, some people feel I don't know when enough garlic is enough. It usually means there's more for me though.

Garlic usually makes everything better. Eggs, chili, pasta sauce, meat. Haven't tried garlic ice cream yet...

25. Queso macrumors G4

I feel that way about Tabasco (except the meat of course). Stick it in scrambled eggs. Yum!!