Gas prices hit 5 1/2 month low

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Heb1228, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

My business runs on Gas, this is a good thing for all but we still need to do a better job on the consumption side. Im afraid if its cheap again they will ignore making improvements in cars,trucks,appliances.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Good for you. Still around 2.50 and up here in Chicago. And I just got my heating bill for last month: $128 for a three bedroom apartment and the average temp was 46, and we keep the place at 68- 60 during the day. Not so good in my book.

4. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Still over $2 in MN. I won't go into the heating bill for my 2 Bedroom townhome, let's just say it is higher then Lee's, and we keep the temps at 65 or less, with the heat OFF at night (G5 heats the bedroom along with good ol bodyheat (Mind OUT of gutter on that one ;) ))

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I suppose we're supposed to be popping champaign corks over prices that have come down somewhat from record highs.

The forecast BTW is for prices to start climbing again by next spring.

6. Heb1228 thread starter macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Link? (And the front page of moveon.org doesn't count)

7. Metatron macrumors 6502

Metatron

8. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Hmm. Oil executives got called before congress and threatened with a tax on windfall profits, and suddenly the bottom drops out of gas prices.

Diesel is still expensive. Heating oil is still expensive. It's just the most visible gas prices that have fallen, to levels lower or equal to what they were before Katrina, despite the ongoing rebuilding and repairing.

Suspicious? Think maybe we were getting screwed all along? :rolleyes:

9. Apple macrumors 6502

Apple

It was 2.08 for me about 2 hours ago here in Charlotte, NC

10. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

When have I ever linked to moveon.org. When has anyone? Or is this just flamebait?

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-premium28nov28,1,2921579.story

11. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Yeah I noticed when I went home this weekend it was 76.8 cents/litre. I was shocked.

12. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    It's still about 2.08 in and around Denver, Colorado. And my heating bill last month was 118. And I keep my ONE bedroom apartment kept about the same temps as lee's.

13. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Has anyone seen a chart showing the average gas prices for the past year / 2 years / 5 years? I keep hearing how the prices are dropping, but it would be useful to know where they stand compared to before this summer's price spikes.

14. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

15. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Ok.

Only bad things have happened to this country gasoline supply, as told by the media, since Katrina and the war in Iraq.

The price used to be $1.25 or so around the country before Bush took office.

We goto war, fine price can go up a bit. To what, $1.70? Fine, i guess. And it slowly creeped up from there, as if the gas execs were testing to see how high they could push it before we complained. And funny thing is, because of all the crap we see on the news, we believe its OK for it go up!?

Now hurricanes hit, and prices sky rocket to $3.

lately things slowly are going back to normal and we are where we were in terms of prices as last year, IMO yes we are = $2.25 last year round this time, $2.25 right now about.

And yet, only BAD things have happened, NOTHING good, and we dropped over $0.75 in a month, but god forbid we go back to around Sept 11th prices.

Gas pricing is made up.

16. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Not sure it was originally meant to be a debate. Wasn't this in community discussion?

Not that your "and...?" contributed to the "debate" either.

I'm happy about the current lowered gas prices.

17. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I was simply trying to determine the point of the thread. If someone wants to discuss the price of gasoline, there's no reason to start the thread in the politics section. I'm still not sure why it was.

18. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

No, prices are still about 20% higher than they were at this time last year. They were about 50% higher. Link provided above.

19. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

100% bait.

Attached Files:

20. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Yeah, it's great that we're only getting reamed a little now.

21. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I my simple-minded opinion, we need to build a refinery in Michigan. We are at the end of the pipeline, and every time there's a hiccup in the process somewhere, we seem to feel it.
    We need to do that, and tell Governer Granholm we need to start requiring cars to run on gasahol (I think it's called E85), deisels to be able to run on biodeisel, and then requiring ALL gas stations to carry them. I think by carrying the blends, and requiring cars to be able to use them, we can cut down on the usage of gas and deisel.

Of course, it 8:00 in the morning, I'm lacking caffeine, and I didn't get much sleep last night. So I could be wrong. :)

22. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

ARG! I had to fill up today. Most of the stations in the area had a .20 per gallon hike since last night. I was not happy. Naturally, I didn't see the station with the lower price until after I filled up. :mad: Oh, well. It's probably bumped its price up now, also.

23. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

When I pay $6/gallon to fill up my SUV, I do wonder what you lot are complaining about....

24. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I was wondering when somebody from Europe would chime in.

:rolleyes:

25. skunk macrumors G4

skunk