Gas Prices in your state/Country?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jackieonasses, Jan 31, 2005.

1. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

I traveled this weekend to California. I live in Oklahoma (the midwest) and Gas prices in my city is about $1.50. When i went to LA, Gasoline was above 2 dollars! I am really curious on what prices are around the U.S and i am especially interested in Britain and other countries prices.

I searched and came up nothing so here you go.

kyle

2. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

3. greenleaf macrumors member

In Oregon prices have been all over the place but at the moment are about 1.65 a gallon.im not sure if thats high or low but for us its pretty low as of recently

4. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Timelessblur

in lubbock texas I been seeing gas price ranging from about 1.95-2.05 for premuim I dont really pay much attention to the other stuff since I have to put premuim in my car but normaly I think it about .20 cheaper.

5. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Hahaha, what sort of sick joke is this?

Oil is pumped out of the ground only a few miles from me, and refined just a few miles further down from these same oil wells, yet California seems to have the highest gas prices in the country!!!

The Shell station on the corner near me has it for $2.09, but when I filled up in Las Vegas a few days ago it cost me $1.87

6. paxtonandrew macrumors 6502

94.9¢/Per litre, in South Sydney. You Americans think you are paying too much for fuel, spare a thought for us Aussies, especially me with this car.

7. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

As another Oregonian, gas prices range from around $1.65/g to $1.97/g depending on where you are (the latter price is from a downtown Portland gas station). This is for 87 octane btw.

Since I don't drive that much, I have trouble keeping track of price fluxuations...a few months back gas was over $2 in the city, but I also remember seeing it around $1.49 or so a few weeks back.

I am about to move across the country, so I will keep track of this thread to get an idea of likely costs (I will be traveling through CA, AZ, NM, TX, NV to name a few). People in those states, give me a head's up...

8. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i have no clue about uk gas prices since i dont drive here but at home in manila prices are .40 cents a liter last i was there in december, cheap yes, but cars cost a lot :( boo

9. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I think its hovering around $1.80 here. Boy I wish I had my car when gas was $.98 a gallon:(

10. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

thanks to my #$*%&^#(@(*%*&^! volvo requiring $&^*$)@&%&@*!$ premium gas, i pay anywhere between $2.00 and $2.30 in the DC/metro area

11. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

$1.50ish a LITRE here (about $5.80 a US Gallon)

12. JamesSykes macrumors newbie

85-90p/Litre

Or about £3.80 - £4.15 ($8) per gallon.

3 quarters of that being TAX.

13. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

The US Gallon is smaller than the imperial one. There's 3.785 Litres in a US Gallon and 4.546 in a UK Gallon. So your price is nearer $6.30 a US Gallon.

14. gallagb macrumors 6502

gallagb

just south of chicago

ranges from 1.89 >>2.and a bit in chicago

lame that they just went up again on thurs of last week.

15. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

lol dont have a car yet, but gas is, when i checked this weekend, about 1.85 for regular, 1.95 for plus, and 2.05 for premium, varying by about 5 cents depending on what brand. we usually have like some of the cheapest gas in texas, iirc, but it's still exorbitant!

16. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Here in Humboldt County, CA (on the North Coast) gas is 2.23 a gallon at the stations and about 2.15 a gallon at Costco. It did dip to 1.99 just after Christmas.

17. joetronic macrumors 6502

this mornign I paid 1.98 for regular in Tanytown, then when I got to Westminster(7Miles south) it was 2.05 for regular.

Where I am moving to in two weeks its 1.84 (at least it was two days ago).

I think I need to trade in my tacoma for a hybrid :p

18. KC9AIC macrumors 6502

KC9AIC

In West Tokyo, it's ¥117 per liter, which is about US$4.23/gal. There are reasons why Japanese cars have small engines.

19. aus_dave macrumors regular

That's for sure (and we pay more in South Australia than you do :D).

The petrol price is about $1 a litre at the moment, which is around 2.92 USD per gallon. Not as bad as the UK though :p.

20. mrdeep macrumors member

$1.87 at the cheapest gas station in the area, it is always packed. Luckilly, I drive a vw w/ the fuel thing on the right (they are rarer, so there is always a spot). Also, good thing it's on the way home from work. I think it's $2.00/89 octane gasoline & $2.30/diesel on the highway.

There are also websites with info like this:
    http://www.gaspricewatch.com/
    http://www.gasbuddy.com/
    ... and some localized ones too:
    http://www.newhavengasprices.com/

edit:
    Just in case http://www.newhavengasprices.com was a little bit cryptic, these prices are for the Connecticut shoreline (specifically, New Haven -> 30 miles east)

21. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

its 1.95 out in Northern IL, but in chicago it would be just over $2, im trying to figure out how i can get by without a car when i move back to chicago this summer, at times its definitely needed, but im surely going to start using more public transportation, and i will hopefully have an ipod shuffle by then to accompany me

22. Little Endian macrumors 6502a

Here in Honolulu Hawaii the average prices are $2.32 for 87!!!! $2.42 for 89 and $2.52 for 92!! Yes that is Per Gallon and in USD. On the neighbor islands they may pay as much as $3.00 a gallon. Hawaii has the most expensive Gas prices in the U.S. by far. Cost of living here is by far the highest as well. Only few places in the U.S. can rival Hawaii's cost of living but these are usually just Certain cities like Manhattan and SF not a whole state. Life here is very expensive in almost every way imaginable but at least Apple products cost the same here so life could be worse.

23. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

On my island, Whidbey Island, prices range from $1.799/gal to $2.089/gal. When I take the ferry to the mainland the prices just north of Seattle are anywhere between $1.709/gal and $2.119/gal. Biggest change I've seen is a 76 on one corner being $1.899, and the 7-Eleven/Citgo Kitty-corner to it was $1.799.

This is for Regular Unleaded (87).

Diesel prices vary even more, some places it is $1.999/gal, others it is $2.309/gal.

TEG

24. 18thTomorrow macrumors 6502

in West Michigan, prices have been between $1.98-$2.09 USD for a gallon of regular gas for the past two weeks. Once in awhile it will dip for a day to $1.88 or some such, but get it fast because it never stays long.

25. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

Amen to all of that. I went in to buy a gallon of milk at a grocery store in Hawaii Kai (a suburb of Honolulu) and it was $8.00 :eek: If anyone can beat that I would be very surprised.