Gateway 24" Display

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Aaon, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Aaon macrumors 6502

Howdy everyone. After a nice Christmas season with some good overtime pay I find myself with some extra cash. Couple that with a dying old CRT screen, and I think a new monitor is the purchase to be made.

I've been thinking of a 24" widescreen. The two main contenders for me are the Dell 2407FPW and the Gateway FPD2485W. The Dell is $50 more, but is long established, with apparently generally good reviews, except for the component in which some seem to regard as poor. The Gateway is new, and doesn't seem to have any reviews available at all. However, I have seen the 22" version, which seems pretty darn nice.

Has anyone out there gotten this new Gateway monitor, and if so, what do you think? Thanks for the help!

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

I bought the 22inch from gateway about a month ago. It's awesome! I would definitely recommend it.

3. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

I'm not a huge fan of Dell displays, and while I've never seen the 24" version, I have seen the 22" Gateway and it was indeed very nice. So I'd go with the gateway. Might I also suggest waiting until after MacWorld San Fransisco- if we do end up getting new Apple displays, the current ones may be discounted enough to gain your consideration.

4. clubglove macrumors newbie

Apple 23" monitor versus Gateway 24" monitor

I am about to purchase a new computer and monitor. I have looked at the Apple 23 as well as the Gateway 24. Has anyone experience these. Good vs bad

5. mac000 macrumors 6502a

i have the 22" gateway and def. do recommend it + you get component hook up, i dont think the dell offers that

6. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Apple uses IPS, which is superior in every aspect other than contrast and price.

7. Boxer macrumors regular

I personally have a 20" Apple and I love it. It is way too pricey and I would not have bought it if it were not such a good deal at the time. But my buddy has three Gateway 22" monitors and they are really nice. Very good screen and picture quality.

8. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

The Dell 2407wfp has component.

9. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

and composite, S-video, VGA and DVI.

10. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

I had the 21 inch gateway monitor and it was gorgeous. It did have a problem with a buzzing sound that came on until I turned up the brightness. Overall it was just an amazing sight to see and I liked it. I DO NOT recommend on the otherhand gateway customer service. No one knew what they were talking about and tried to tell you that you don't know what's going on. Terrible to deal with. Hope that helps.

11. clubglove macrumors newbie

Gateway 24 Monitor

ricgnzlzcr

You said you HAD a Gateway....are you still using it or did you purchase something else