Gateway Flatpannel with Powerbook

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by bursty, Aug 13, 2004.

1. bursty macrumors 6502a

bursty

Hey all,
    Ive got a 15" Powerbook with the Digital Video out port on the right side, which i hooked up my Gateway Flatpanel Monitor, which i got from my old windblows system. When i hook it up, my PB screen turns blue for a second (recognizing the new monitor), but the Flatpanel just stays black, as if it were in standby mode

Is there anything i have to do to set up the second monitor? Ive used the digital out before on my plasma TV with no problems, just dont see why the flat panel wont come on :confused:

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

3. bursty thread starter macrumors 6502a

bursty

not quite sure what you mean by that....

but ive looked all through the display settings and have hit "Detect Displays" and still nothing.... :confused: any help would be appreciated

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Heh, I misspelled something :D Should make sense now ;)

5. bursty thread starter macrumors 6502a

bursty

ah yes....tried turning it on and off, pulling the plug, reseting...everything with no luck :mad:

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

This may have changed, but my old PowerBook detects second monitors only during start-up. Windows-based laptops always have their video ports live. Your PowerBook seems to be different, but it would not hurt to restart your computer with the monitor plugged-in and turned-on. If it still does not display properly, then go to the Displays preferences panel. Your Gateway monitor should appear there. Enter the proper settings for your monitor. My guess would be that the setting should be something like 853 x 480 @ 60 Hz. However, experimentation may be required.

7. bursty thread starter macrumors 6502a

bursty

no luck :mad: Any other ideas? thanks for the help guys

8. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Does the Gateway monitor work on a computer by itself?

There are many accounts of people's inverters going out on their Gateway flatpanels.

scem0

9. bursty thread starter macrumors 6502a

bursty

yup works perfectly on the computer i took it off of.....which is why im so baffled :confused: