Gateway wants to Rip, Mix, Burn.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Taft, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Taft macrumors 65816

Jan 31, 2002
    Gateway is evidently joining Apple in asserting that consumers should be able to do what they want to with their music. They are launching a campaign against the passage of a new copyright bill being considered by congress.

Details of the campaign can be found here.

As a person who really loves my iPod, I like to see more computer manufacturors coming out against these draconian policies towards copying music. Apple started the movement with Rip, Mix, Burn and somewhat put their butts on the line (Michael Eisner certainly didn't like it.) Now its time for more computer makers to join in protecting consumers right to fair use.

2. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

Aug 14, 2001

I'm glad Gateway is taking up this fight. It's fun to see other hardwarwe sellers thumbing their nose at the establishment. Gateway with digital music and Walmart is selling a OS-less box.

Vive la Revolution!
  3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    I suppose it just goes with the saying...

"if u can't beat 'em...join 'em!" ;)
  4. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    They need to sort out those new CD's aswell...... the ones with copyright protection on that you can't play on all computers.......

So they atleast play..... the copying software will come later..... heh heh :p
  5. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Oct 5, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    I don't know if any of you have seen the new commercial...

The guy and the cow driving down the freeway in an 18 wheeler, singing along with a song on the radio...
    Text comes up on the screen "If you like this song, go to to download it...We support your right to enjoy your music legally (or something to that effect)

Not too bad of an effort from the G-way crew...
  6. krossfyter macrumors 601

Jan 13, 2002
    secret city
    no i havent seen that yet rower but it sounds cool.

they should lower the frekin price on cds and stop complaining. the price of cds is way to high. by cds i mean cd albums that artists put out....not just a blank cd.