Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
I watched Grande école recently...nowt special. Has it's moments and so very nearly good but just overly pretentious at times.

Still worth a watch though.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
mactastic said:
Are any of them about gay cowboys eating pudding? :p
(Sorry, South Park reference.)

I don't know if it counts as gay or not, but one of my all time favorite movies is The Birdcage. (Oh! I pierced the toast!) I hear the French version is quite good as well, although I haven't seen it.

"Fosse, Fosse!"
:D

Don't think it meets the touching aspect of the films mentioned so far. There was a Netflix Israeli film (Yoshi and Jager (?) that was very touching).

Guitarius

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2004
Louisiana
I seem to remember seeing bits and pieces of some French movie. The Closet, I believe. About some guy that has to pretend he's gay to keep his job at a condom company, or something like that. Never saw the whole thing.

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
'Gods and Monsters' is awesome. I love Roberto Benigni and 'Life is Beautiful' but Ian McKellen, above anybody else that year, deserved an Oscar for his performance.

PaRaGoNViCtiM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2005
PA
OMG! I forgot 3 very important movies:

-Broken Hearts Club (Dean Cain)
-Bound (Gina Gershon, Jennifer Tilly)
-Monster (Charlize Theron, Christina Ricci)

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
so it's a screenplay made mini-series that was on HBO but:
what about Angels in America? that is absolutely amazing! it's about so much more but that takes a pretty big role in the topics. i recommend it highly.

jlewis2k1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2005
in your closet
iBlue said:
so it's a screenplay made mini-series that was on HBO but:
what about Angels in America? that is absolutely amazing! it's about so much more but that takes a pretty big role in the topics. i recommend it highly.

omg i so forgot that movie

OnceUGoMac

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
PaRaGoNViCtiM said:
Go Fish
The L Word

I'm sorry, but Go Fish is one of the worst films that I've seen. First, the director chose to make it grainy black and white, which is pretentious unless it serves a specific purpose and it didn't. Second, there was no chemistry between the actors. In fact, there was little acting in this film. Third, it further sterotypes lesbians, and rams the butch/femme affect and obnoxious gaypride cliche down your throat. This film could only have been more cliche and pretentious if it had "Fin" at the end. The plot was supposed to show that lesbian relationships are just as normal as straight relationships. That is if straight relationships are in cliched grainy black and white speudo-avante garde stereotypes. It's one of those films that nauseates my gay/lesbian friends.

PaRaGoNViCtiM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2005
PA
OnceUGoMac said:
I'm sorry, but Go Fish is one of the worst films that I've seen. First, the director chose to make it grainy black and white, which is pretentious unless it serves a specific purpose and it didn't. Second, there was no chemistry between the actors. In fact, there was little acting in this film. Third, it further sterotypes lesbians, and rams the butch/femme affect and obnoxious gaypride cliche down your throat. This film could only have been more cliche and pretentious if it had "Fin" at the end. The plot was supposed to show that lesbian relationships are just as normal as straight relationships. That is if straight relationships are in cliched grainy black and white speudo-avante garde stereotypes. It's one of those films that nauseates my gay/lesbian friends.
I totally agree, Go Fish was by far the worst movie I have ever seen in my whole freakin' life. I couldn't even watch the whole thing! -Just thought I'd mention it though.

OnceUGoMac

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
PaRaGoNViCtiM said:
I totally agree, Go Fish was by far the worst movie I have ever seen in my whole freakin' life. I couldn't even watch the whole thing! -Just thought I'd mention it though.

You're just mad that Courtney Love wasn't in it. I'm just teasing you.
:p

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
jlewis2k1 said:
hmm how about latter Days

Definitely this one!
I'm surprised it took this long to be mentioned...

One that hasn't made the list yet - is one of the classics...
Torch Song Trilogy!

also (most of these have been mentioned):
Big Eden
Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss
The Broken Hearts Club
Defying Gravity
Green Plaid Shirt
Jeffrey
Loaded
Longtime Companion
Maurice
My Own Private Idaho
Priest
The Sum of Us
Urbania

just a few off the top of my head

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
PaRaGoNViCtiM said:
I'll have to go see it now.

neildmitchell

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2005
Royal Pineapple said:
i cant wait for season 2 of the L word to come out on dvd
i watch it with a lesbian friend and we both enjoy it quite a bit
:) Thats cute, an ex fag hag and I used to watch Queer as Folk together

Seperate note:

so if gay men have Fag Hags what do gay Women have?
? Im not saying anything here, completely seperate note.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
neildmitchell said:
:) Thats cute, an ex fag hag and I used to watch Queer as Folk together

Seperate note:

so if gay men have Fag Hags what do gay Women have?
? Im not saying anything here, completely seperate note.
I don't know that, but I know that straight guys who hang with gay guys (to get to the fag hags) are called Fruit Flies. (I think)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.