GB Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by atacinus, Jan 18, 2004.

1. atacinus macrumors 6502

haven.t ordered it yet, but I was wondering something before/if i do. When I put all the instruments [software and real] together, can i then pump that out through my headphones and sing to match it, or do i just have to sing without the audio as a clue? Would I have to flatten the song and export it...then play that out while recording a new track, then re-open the project...? I would think there would be an easier way to just do this from GB.

Thanks,
    Christien

2. TitaniumX2 macrumors newbie

You can set the audio output to any device (internal or external) and record via a different input source (for singing)
    GB will not automatically detect new sources and switch, you must do so manually and it will load the audio driver for the device :p

Bear in mind the more tracks you layer, the harder it is for it to realtime mix it.

Also, you overcomplicated your "solution" anyway: you don't need to export and then re-open (why open a flattened audio file as a new project [a new project for vocal versus instrument?]?) in GB... at worst you could export to iTunes and have it playing while you sang into GB in recording mode (although you'd have to manually sync yourself)