GC games on Wii

Discussion in 'Games' started by sikkinixx, Dec 9, 2006.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I dont have any GC games anymore so I can't really test out how it works.

Are there any issues with it? Still supports Progressive (if I can ever get some stupid component cables anyway)? And you need the gc memory card (still got that!) right?

There are a few games I wanna get again (I'm talkin to you Res 4 and MGS) and I wanna at least rent Zelda for it since the new control scheme isn't really my cup of tea on the Wii version :(

2. therevolution macrumors 6502

Not that I've seen...

Yes and yes.

3. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

groovy :D Glad to see some companies can get bc right

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Aye aye, there basically is a Cube in there, all ports provided (barring the old underside ones). I thought about flogging my Cube, but since even Debenhams are selling them at £29.99 brand new I doubt I'd get a tenner for my little purple box :eek:

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

PAL 'Cube and PS2 was stolen in August along with a couple of dozen games (all PAL) and our PAL Toshiba widescreen CRT. Since I am insured, I could have hugged that stupid thief! ;)

Insurance paid for a Wii and a WHOLE bunch of new (and old) games. Wavebirds on a Wii with Super Smash Bros on our new plasma. Doesn't get much better than that! :D

6. kakkoiimac macrumors regular

What i want to know is...is there a way to get back to the wii channels menu after you are done playing with the gc games? I just had to turned the console off and back on.

7. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

You can eject the disk and then press reset, that's about it. There should be a way to get back to the Wii Menu but the remote does absolutely nothing when in gamecube mode. :(

8. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Congratulations! I wish I had insurance when some dope stole my original N64 Smash Bros. and some GameBoy games from a yard sale a few years back.

9. Malus macrumors 6502

A puppy dog.

10. WillMak macrumors 6502a

Do GC games run at better FPS on the Wii due to the better tech?

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Probably not as I'd imagine the Wii probably clocks back to GameCube speeds when in GC compatability mode, but I'll certainly test it when I have the time; I could get my GC to lag in Rogue Squadron 3 if I used the Slave I and a seismic mine and took out all the gas tanks at once on bespin :)

12. mkaake macrumors 65816

I just need to know for sure whether or not the Wii allows gamecube games to access the ethernet (wireless or not)... I want to get some 8 player mariokart action going on...

13. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I asked people to check that out before and alas the answer is no which really sucks. I really wanted some 8 player mariokart action too!! I've got a gamecube with a broadband adapter and a second copy of mariokart ready and waiting!

14. mkaake macrumors 65816

:(

Well, guess I need to find some broadband adaptors now. I was hoping to avoid that whole mess (and having to convince others to keep their cubes around post-wii)...