Gears Of War Nov. 12th.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Tommyg117, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Gears of War, the super anticipated killer-ap for the XBox 360, will be released on "Emergence Day", November 12th. The game will sell with a $59.99 price tag with a $69.99 (!!!) price tag for the special edition, complete with making of DVD and artwork. Great....I guess this is the BIG news from their camp that they promised. I was hoping for something more along the lines of a demo on XBL Marketplace so that we can get our grubby little mitts on what everyone is hyping up. And what happened to the first party 49.99 price? This is not the BIG news I was hoping for, hopefully there is something else. I know they have to compete with wii and PS3 though.

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

GoW isn't a first-party game. ;)

At any rate, that's pretty sweet. Gears of War is one of the X360 games I'm looking forward to, though I don't know if I'll have time to play it when it comes out (being in school and all).

3. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Sexy. Thanks Tommy. This is good news. There hasn't been much in the way of games I wanted to buy recently. Well, since DOA 4.

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Great...I'll sure be picking this up when it hits...waited long for it and I hope it lives up to the hype.

Bless

5. jaxstate macrumors 6502a

This is what I've been waiting for. I think it's time to get a XBOX360. Ninety-Nine Nights is too!!!! YAY XBOX360.

6. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

I suspect you won't see a demo until after release. No, not because the game isn't any good but in order to fuel the fever that is "Emergence Day."

As for the price, that's going rate for 360 titles. Nothing unusual here at all.

7. Tommyg117 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Yeah, they actually just released a statement saying that there would be no demo before the game because they take a lot of time to polish and create. They did say that the consumers would rather have a game this year rather than a demo this year and the game next year. So hey, I'm all for this then as long as they make this game amazing and as good as Resident Evil 4.

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

You know this game is going to rock !!! Just hope it's only a week difference for UK & Ireland :)

9. Tommyg117 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I hope it rocks! This, besides the Wii, is of the things I am anticipating the most! The videos are crazy....in a good way.

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Hey i'd pay 50 bucks just to play the demo level from E3 :D It looked stonking!! Looking at the interview on IGN insider the many different level paths, co-op play on Live, this is going to be THE killer app of 2006

But theres so many goodies on the way before holidays on the 360.

Saints Row a great looking GTA clone but with OnLive gangs! great stuff

Just Cause ! Free roaming jungle fun

Enchantered Arms ! Great slice of FF style RPG action

Splinter Cell : Double Agent... Need more be said!

Dead Rising ... Looking like the best Zombie fun Capcom has bestowed on us since the first ResEvil.

TimeShift. Futuristic time manipulating fps - looking all the better for being delayed.

Rayman Ravid Rabbids. From the creator of beyond good and evil. A slice of french wit that looks really good.

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 - the best football game comes to the next gen and only on the 360 this year...

Forza Motorsport 2 - if you've tired of PGR3 here's your next slice of next gen driving perfection

F.E.A.R - An updated classic FPS with new HDR lighting and levels and it's gonna rock on Live!

Call of Duty 3 - need more be said. COD2 is a classic on live (since the update ;) )

Sonic The Hedgehog - returns to speed through the next gen hardware

Phantasy Star Universe - another next gen outing from Sega and again no ps3 version :)

Viva Pinata - Animal Crossing meets the Sims in this stunning rare title. I've got it on my must buy list since the E3 video

Rainbow Six : Vegas

HalfLife 2 ( + ep1 & 2) + Team Fortress 2 + HL Deathmatch What a great package.

I'm sure I've left loads out. But with that line up the 360 is in a VERY strong position software wise before the holiday season.

11. sk1985 macrumors regular

GOW and Dead Rising=the win. I'm totally picking up a 360 this year. Most likely in a month or so.

12. Vster macrumors 6502

I totally agree! Can't wait! :D

13. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

For some reason Dead rising does not interest me at all. I know its fun to chop up zombies and throw things at them but I'm not feeling it.

Now that Viva Pinata game looks interesting....

Bless

14. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

It looks good but not exactly the Halo 3 bombshell that was in the original plan.

(delete this one pls admin)

15. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

It looks good but not exactly the Halo 3 bombshell that was in the original plan. I'm really interested to see what these things coming out of the ground are. I got my money on some mutated people that built citys underground or something.

Maybe the remenants of a nuclear war.

16. Tommyg117 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I don't know. Dead Rising looks cool, but I will have to play it before I judge it. It reminds me too much of "State of Emergency" which got COMPLETELY lame after a few minutes. Gears Of War and SOOOO much else coming out for 360.

17. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Please, don't ever use that phrase again. Please.

Rims real BIG,
    Pockets real BIG,
    Rings real BIG,
    Let me tell you how I live...

(this will be the worst game since '187: Ride or Die')

18. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Have you played the Demo. It's just GTA with better graphics. So that's not a bad thing.

187: Ride or Die is a completely different style of game and yes was pants, but it's nothing like SaintsRow.