Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2005
UK
I've been using that blue circular thing called Gee. The Gmail notifier. It was working fine yesterday. Today when I load it up it does nothing. The blue circle doesnt even show up on the bar at the top of the screen. Any ideas?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
The first thing to try is deleting Gee!'s preferences. They might have gotten corrupted somehow, preventing Gee! from running normally. Odds are good that the file(s) you want are in ~/Library/Preferences.

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2005
UK
wrldwzrd89 said:
The first thing to try is deleting Gee!'s preferences. They might have gotten corrupted somehow, preventing Gee! from running normally. Odds are good that the file(s) you want are in ~/Library/Preferences.
Hi and thanks for the quick reply. I've gone to the folder and there are loads of files there. Is there any particular one(s) im looking for? Please do excuse me i've had this mac just a few days, im a switcher!

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
rossoUK said:
Hi and thanks for the quick reply. I've gone to the folder and there are loads of files there. Is there any particular one(s) im looking for? Please do excuse me i've had this mac just a few days, im a switcher!
I haven't used Gee! before, so I don't know the exact name of the file(s), but the file(s) you're looking for will have "gee" or "Gee" in their names.

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2005
UK
Hey I OWE you one mate! It worked woohooo! And all today I was trying to work out what was up! Man I wish I'd asked the question earlier in the forums! WOOHOOO i dont need to keep loggin on to gmail to check my mail!

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2005
UK
Also it seems my old Gee! blue circle thingie file wont delete. It says file is open. I can assure you its not open anywhere. I've looked up on the bar at the top and its not there. I've tried to over write it with the new one i've just downloaded but still no joy. I've opened up the file contents and even deleted all that was there. I can move it but cant delete it. Any ideas?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
rossoUK said:
Also it seems my old Gee! blue circle thingie file wont delete. It says file is open. I can assure you its not open anywhere. I've looked up on the bar at the top and its not there. I've tried to over write it with the new one i've just downloaded but still no joy. I've opened up the file contents and even deleted all that was there. I can move it but cant delete it. Any ideas?
Open up Activity Monitor (in Utilities, which is inside Applications), select Gee (if it's there), then click Quit Process. That should make it not in use anymore.

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2005
UK
Awesome! Once again its worked, also killed 2 birds with one stone here. I managed to work out how to send a music file to my bluetooth mobile, the application was in the utilities folder! Duh! why didnt i check there earlier! Thanks dude!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.