Geek Fest New Orleans - FINAL CALL!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by eyelikeart, Jul 10, 2002.

1. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Ok guys...this is the last request for RSVP's for those who are going to come join us this weekend for Geek Fest. There were a number of u who were in the New Orleans/Baton Rouge area who expressed interest, and I haven't heard from any of u guys yet.

For reference, it's going to be me, B2TM & dukestreet (along with their wives naturally) tearing up the town this weekend. They are both coming in late Friday, and will be staying till Monday. We already have set plans for Saturday night, but I'm sure we can get them adjusted to accomodate anyone else who may want to partake in the fun with us.

If u are in the area and want to join in, please post here or email me eyelikeart@bellsouth.net to let me know... ;)

2. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

Trust me, I'd love to get out to Pat O's and Bourbon street with you all, but I'm stuck here in Pittsburgh. If I didn't care about getting fired, I'd be there. Have fun.

-Pete

3. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

4. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

no worries Pete...I will be in Pittsburgh in late October...maybe we can hook up for a few drinks while I'm up there? ;)

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm thinking b2tm's offer for the pickup at NOLA might be best, sorry eye, but my wife and I are both over 6', so your matrix might be a little cramped. b2tm has a minivan, it will probably work out better. Besides, we could all go back to the Grenoble House and go out for a drink or two after check in.

We should probably swap cell phone #'s - via email or pm

D

6. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I figured that out last night when I talked to B2TM...he he he...I thought I'd look like Mini-Me with u guys since I'm only 5'5"...but B2TM's wife is short too... :D

no worries...it makes perfect sense...

btw...check your PM box... ;)

7. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

Hellz yeah! Just send me an email or pm and we'll get together.

-Pete

8. Mac DV macrumors newbie

What are the activities palnned?

I would definately like to go out fer some drinkies when the crew gets here. Are there any spots/nights specifically planned out yet, or is it all going to be played by ear. Eye, you have my email, so you can get me that way.

I would also like to suggest that mabye geekfest be taken to some of the less tourist trodden spots around town, so folks can get a real idea of what goes on here.

Also I have an office space in the lower garden district with a cable connection, and all the ness. apps to get some geekfest footage online here. People work here so we would need to set a specific time to come, but I'm sure we can work something out. I'm excited to meet some of you people. And hope you all have a safe trip down.

Mac DV out-

9. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Art Gallery openings?

I'm sure we can discuss it when u guys are here...but there are a few gallery openings in the Warehouse District on Saturday evening...could be something cool to check out before heading off to dinner...

get to look at a little bit of art....free drinks...

just an idea... ;)

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

well, we'll be down tonight, and I haven't heard from b2tm. eye, you going to see him earlier today?

D

11. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I PM'ed u...but I'll post it here as well...

I told B2TM basically to check southwest.com to check for flights coming in at 8:50 to figure it out. I'll pass the info to him, although I'm sure u already it to him. I think he's on the road currently, but I'm expecting a call from him later on this afternoon. Don't worry, u will be taken care of... ;)

I should see him before he's scheduled to pick u up...

12. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: What are the activities palnned?

I'm sure many here who cannot make it would consider u a savior...I know they are itching to see photos & such...he he he...

seriously...that's a generous offer...I've emailed u...looking forward to hearing back from u... ;)

13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

So the big question is if I rearrange my carry on to include the TiPB...any thoughts on this?

I would like to take my 35mm and a few lenses, so its going to be a tough call. I'm thinking I'm going to look into a new camera bag that has room for a computer - I have to believe that someone somewhere makes such a thing.

D

14. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

Re: Re: What are the activities palnned?

haha. yes, we all want to see photos of your drunken goings on... etc

"free drinks" "drinkies" etc.... ha!

15. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

well if u want to leave your Ti...B2TM's bringing his iBook...and I can bring my Ti over....the only major thing I could see u guys wanting to do is setup digital images to upload here or something...plus we have the offer from Mac DV to use his office if it's vacant...

I'd say leave it...and we can get the images on CD before u go...to take with u...what do u think of that?

16. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That's what I was thinking. Besides, there will be plenty to do, sitting down infront of a computer isn't the best use of time while we're there. We can do all the work later next week.

I also just realized I'll be flying home during the keynote - ha! I'll have to play catch up when I get home, don't want to miss being part of the most member online.....

D

17. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

re: keynote

OH Snap!! :eek:

he he he...u will find a way I'm sure...

I'll bring my Ti with me when I meet up with u guys...we'll leave the computers in one of your rooms while we're out & about... ;)

18. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

duke (and anyone else)

anything in particular you want to see pictures of at mwny?

i figure the main stuff will be covered enough, but if there's any smaller booths/companies let me know and i can get some info (whatever brochures and whatnot) and pictures... word

19. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

oh yeah...u should post them somewhere...

I've been wondering if we should ask Arn to create a Geek Fest forum just for pics & stories? or would that be too much?

20. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

just create a mac homepage for the pics.... heck, get a new name for it. itools username "geekfest" or something.... then start a thread for the stories. i think that'd work fine... if more people were going, then maybe it'd be more worthwhile to have a new section

as for mwny, i just meant anything specific.... duke showed some interest a few months ago as though he was interested in a specific company that wouldn't be as heavily covered. i clearly won't get the best shots of the new hardware or whatever... that's what the pros will be doing. but the smaller stuff i can keep an eye out for. an eye... ha

21. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Jello - Absolutely - lightwave! If you see the NewTek booth I'd love to see what they have there, that would be very cool.

Eye - tell b2tm or whoever ends up picking us up at the airport to look for a 6'-2" guy wearing light tan dockers and a green shirt, carrying a green camera bag. I'm not sure what my wife will be wearing or carrying yet, but she's 6'-1" redhead, we should be pretty noticeable. I have to go pick her up at work right now and then off to the airport. See you all down south tonight. We'll will definitely be up for a drink tonight after checking in, maybe even some late night food/snacks.

D

22. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

will do. i'll try to get some pics and grab whatever handouts they have and give em to you when we film

whoever picks you up should have a sign like a limo service... "the duke and dutchess of macrumors"... or something. ha

23. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

he he he...well I'm off to venture on into the night...;)

I suppose the next time either I, B2TM or duke is online...we'll be slightly toasted? :D