Geek Fest New Orleans

Discussion in 'Community' started by eyelikeart, May 14, 2002.

1. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Ok...we made the votes...and New Orleans barely beat out San Francisco...

and we have enough interest in New Orleans from some u guys to justify having an extended weekend/geek party this summer...he he he :D

So for now I have one guarantee of early July....so this will probably be the time unless many of u cannot do it in July...

we need to get a headcount of who will be coming so we can figure out what we can do for group rate hotel rooms...

so go for it! ;)

2. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

It looks like my wife and I should be able to show up. You do know that the 4th is on a Thursday, so making it that weekend, 6th and 7th, could in all likelyhood be a good time for a nice 4 day trip/long weekend.

3. thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

exactly...

I like the way u think ;)

4. Retired

jefhatfield

i wish i could come but our big vacation will be in los angeles this year

but i could make a macrumors geekfest san francisco if there ever is one

i hope you guys and gals enjoy the event...send pictures and post them here on macrumors

jef

5. thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

there was mention of interest in January, 2003 for MacWorld....I'd be willing to do that as well...now that I do not have any obligations to keep in mind...he he he :D

6. macrumors 65816

cleo

I do wish I could make it... but it looks like school is just going to be too demanding this summer. Blah. And there's cheap-arse flights from Tampa to New Orleans, too. (Ha, funny story. Once I was at TIA picking up a friend on the night before the Bucs played the Saints. There were all of these Bucs fans waiting to get on a flight out there, and I saw this one guy with three Coronas in each hand and holding a lime in his mouth. It was classic.) Anyway, I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun.

Oh oh oh! I was in New Orleans for the 4th a few years ago, and we had a corner suite facing the river at the... Hilton? Is that a choice? Anyway, it was the coolest thing in the world to be able to sit there and watch the fireworks go off from the barge and have room service at the same time. :D

7. macrumors 601

Backtothemac

My wife and I are there. Count us in. Come on everyone that voted for New Orleans, step up and be counted....

8. thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

re: Cleo

now u know u are going to make B2TM feel sad that u won't be coming...he he he ;)

9. macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Let me know when, and I'll be there. I LOVE New Orleans, and it's a quick drive from Montgomery. This could get ugly, as I'm still a college student, and we tend to do some strange things on vacation. Oh yeah, it'll also be great to meet Backtothemac, Alabama's own Mac Genius. See you guys there. This is going to be great!!!

10. macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Well hello from Tuscaloosa, Can't wait to meet you down there. Also, thanks for the ego boost :p

11. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

So some info would be good. Where to stay, what will we plan on doing together as a group when we get there, etc..

12. thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

stay tuned for details...

when we get a better idea of how many to expect...we can start ironing out the details... ;)

13. macrumors G3

Can you do a webcast??? :D

I can't make New Orleans........ :(

The Tube doesn't go that far out of London....... :p

14. macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Yeah I can't get there, but I might be able to make one at MacExpo (LDN) or Paris.

ENsign

15. macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Eye and I (that's funny) have to know who is coming so we can plan the festivities. Just keep posting here, and we will plan everything and then start another thread to let everyone know the scoope.

16. macrumors 6502a

kishba

*sigh*

i asked my parents and they laughed... it looks as though I will not be able to attend

*shrug*

please webcast some parts of the fun... i don't want to miss out on too many of the festivities :)

17. thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'm sure that some of the places we'll end up u will be able to see us on the web....lots of bars around here have webcams...he he he...

maybe u could convince your parents to make it a "family" vacation? and meet up with us for a little bit during the day...;)

18. macrumors 6502a

kishba

hehehe... i tried that but, alas, it's still a no go

my parents are saving up for a new car so i can have theirs so we don't have the spare money for a trip

but i still plan on going to a macworld as soon as i can afford to!

19. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, it will be in July, you going to have the car by then? You could do a road trip, pick up other Mac Rumor Geeks on the way. Actually, a roadtrip sounds kind of fun....

20. macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Common everyone. This is going to be a blast! Please post here if you plan on coming, or PM me or Eye. We need to know so we can get rooms, and start the ball rolling....

21. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Uh, oh. We might have conflicting plans for the 4th. It doesn't look good for my wife and I that weekend, sorry. We might make it down there sometime this year, though, so I'll let you all know if we happen to be in the neighborhood.

22. thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Bump!

just a useless post...keeping it open and on top!!!

23. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

wow, at the beginning of the this thread it looked like the geeks were headed to new orleans in droves... but by now, it seems to have changed. even dukey can't make it..

where are the geeks when you need them??? ha

24. macrumors 601

Backtothemac

I am going, who else?..... Look's like it might just be me and you eye. Oh, well, tie up your daughters, and lock the doors....

25. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

back-dawg. your signature sounds like you're promoting the event as some sort of brothel! haha. if your wife is going, does that imply that..... she is one of the "ladies, ladies, ladies"??? ha