geek tattoo's - Apple, Atari, Zelda, 'WASD' etc

Discussion in 'Community' started by cb911, Sep 26, 2004.

1. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

just came accross this page: http://www.bmezine.com/news/pubring/20040720.html

it's all about 'geek tattoo's'. there's some Apple, Atari, Zelda, and many other computer or gaming oriented tattoos.

it was interesting to see, but i was hoping for some better Apple tats.

this pic also made me laugh for some reason as well: (the left side pic)
    [​IMG]
    LOL. :D there's just something funny about that.

anyone here got a Apple tat? or know of a site with pics of Apple tats?

edit: i just found this as well > http://www.nesbuckle.com/ it's a NES controller belt buckle. :D LOL. i just had to post this, thought i might as well add it to this thread.

Alex from Australia shows off her NES buckle!
    [​IMG]

this is just too funny:
    [​IMG]

ha ha. [​IMG]

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Gabe from Penny Arcade has a Pac-Man on one of his arms :)

Personally though, if I wanted something like this, I'd use a wristband or something else that's easy to remove - I don't really have any objection to wearing something 24/7 (in fact I have 2 things that I never take off), but something you can't take off is going overboard :eek:

3. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

pac-man could make a cool tat, i can think of some good stuff to do with that...

just out of curiosity, what are the two things you dont' take off? :confused: i don't have anything like that, everything comes off me. oops, too much detail. :eek: :p

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Uh, never mind :eek: :eek:

Edit: Curious yet?

Edit 2: Since I haven't managed to pique anyone's curiosity, I might as well just say it. It's nothing 'bad,' I was just trying to mislead you :p

1. My watch. I used to take it off every night, which often resulted in me forgetting it the next day. So now I just leave it on.

2. I have one of those 'metal ball necklaces' (not a very good description but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about). No point of taking it off just to put it back on again later.

5. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

The aunt of one of my friends from school had a blue Apple logo tattoo on her ankle - kind of cool, but also a bit odd at the same time.

6. kaylie_kipe macrumors member

Some of those were interesting, but I don't think I could have something so permanent on my body. Yeah, I love the Apple logo and all, and I'd maybe even put a temp tatoo of one on me, but I would never get a permanent one. Oh yeah, and the lizard man was a bit disturbing to me. Anyone else? I can't image getting so many tatoos...and the tongue!

7. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

i'd heard of the spli-tougue modification, but haven't seen too many photo's of it... but i guess if you've already got that many tattoos, and done a bit of body modification, what's a split tougue?

8. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

While i dont have any geek tattoos, I do have several piercings and this is a topic of great interest to me...

Ive got a 12ga industral and 8ga conch in my left ear, a 8ga conch in the right, 14ga labret with stud and a 10ga apadavra with a pair dydoes.

The later ones im not going to discuss or even show the fine folks of macrumors forums what my last two piercings are all about becasue to be honnest i dont want to discuss my genatailia on this board :p. My next body mods include a double toungue piercing or quite possibly a surface barbell somewhere. Also giving a lot of consideration to a tattoo about my life around my ankle.

Pictures of some of my piercings can be found here.

9. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Not that it matters but check out this thread also. Just sentimental as it was my very first post :D

10. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

hey munkle. looks like that's the same link that i posted here as well. :eek: oops, guess that's already been around.

but then i added the "NES buckle" to this thread!! he he. that's funny stuff. :D

11. Bu88a macrumors newbie

I am planning to...

I've had the idea for a while, just haven't had the money/guts to act on it

but i'm planning to get three tattoos:

1. Bucky (UW Madison)
    2. Green Bay Packers logo
    3. The Apple logo followed by pi, since i'm a geek, and i like apple pie...

12. janey macrumors 603

janey

Haha. I wear my watch often. Watch tan!! Hehe.

I want a Debian swirly tattoo somewhere. Those things are cool. Either that Debian swirl, the Java logo or the Apple logo. They're all equally cool. Hehe.

13. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    that suit looks like something applemacdude would have :)

14. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Yeah, that's another reason I don't take it off - it covers up the 'tan line' (why is it called a tan line if it's actually untanned? the term was probably made by the people who brought us flammable and inflammable) :rolleyes:

15. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Eesh.

I'd never logo myself... unless I founded a company that went HUGE of course... ;)

I do, however have 1 tat: The Kanji for "Compassion" in the cleft of my left shoulder where a head would rest while comforting. In blue-green.

16. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    The closest I came was

Attached Files: