Geekfest 2003?

Discussion in 'Community' started by G4scott, Feb 16, 2003.

1. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I was wondering when and where Geekfest 2003 will be. I think it was in New Orleans last year. It'd be nice to put together a major get-together, where as many people possible can meet and talk in person.

Maybe we could all go to arn's house or something!

I'm not sure when geekfest traditionally is, but it never hurts to plan ahead.

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

preliminary plans are for DC

see dukestreet/eyelikeart/backdawg

3. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

Hmm... a bit too far away for me... Maybe we could have regional geekfests... One for the Eastern US, one for the Southern US, one for the Mid US, and one for the West Coast... We can then use Apple's videoconferencing software built into iChat, whenever it comes out...

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

right now there seems to be interest in 2 meetings this summer...

DC being a definite...and jefhatfield & mischief were talking about a westcoast meeting as well...

as for the dates...not sure if they would be around the same time or not...we're looking at DC for mid-June... ;)

and yes...last year a few of us did meet up in New Orleans...was me, back2themac & dukestreet...as well as their wives...we had a good time...he he he :)

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, it seems that DC is going to be the place this year for Geekfest like Eye said. We had another thread on this earlier - maybe we'll have to make it a sticky so people know.

D

6. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

If you want a winter geekfest, I know a place where you can go and stay on the beach with nice weather. It's close to Mexico, so you can go across the border for some fun in the clubs during the nights. It's called South Padre Island. I'm afraid it's not very computer friendly (salt water and the moisture from the sea won't greet your aluminum PowerBook with much enthusiasm, but the TiBook is resistant to corrosin for up to 3 years under sea water!)

You can come down to the Rio Grande Valley (passports not required- it's in the US) and enjoy some fun in the sun for geekfest 2004, or whenever you want to!

I've definately been around people who want to sell you stuff for too long...

I just hope I'll be able to attend a geekfest some day. It's kinda like my desire to visit a MacWorld, yet not as great...

7. vniow macrumors G4

That sounds pretty interesting, it'll be closer to where I'll hopefully be living then, much more convienent than DC.[​IMG]

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'm hoping that more of u guys/gals can make it out this time around though...

we had a lot of fun last year with just the 5 of us...but it would be great to meet more of u... ;)

9. job macrumors 68040

job

A Texas Geekfest! :D

I'd go. I'm about an hour north of Houston.

10. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

Maybe something in San Antonio or Austin... Those are pretty cool cities with lots to do...

11. job macrumors 68040

job