Geekfest London...

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Sep 22, 2003.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Okay, well maybe not Geekfest.. heh-heh-heh :p

But this Saturday (27th) at 2pm my goodself, britboy and WinterMute (95% on) are meeting in the bar with no name on Endell St (Covent Garden/WC2) to converse over some fine drinks.

Below is a map showing the location of this bar (big pink circle)

It's close enough to Covent Garden tube (the green circle on the map) (5 mins), Tottenham Court Road (5 mins) and Leicester Square (7mins) to make it within easy reach for people.

The bar itself, doesn't actually have a name on the outside... although there are small signs which say 'cafe/bar', but it's cool and mellow, shouldn't be too busy (a good thing when meeting people and you have no real idea what they look like that is! heh!) isn't too expensive and is good for talking in because it doesn't have really loud music...

So anyway... if you're in London this Saturday, and find yourself at 2pm with nothing to do, pop along... it'd be good to put faces to names and I'm of the opinion the more the merrier!!

To get there from Cambridge Circus, if you walk up Shaftesbury Avenue (Pizza Hut and O' Neil's side) towards Holborn, follow Shaftesbury Ave all the way around (You'll go past Neale St on your right) and follow the road around to the right.... where you'll be presented with a big junction... the bar with no name will be facing you on Endell Street, it occupies the whole corner... you really can't miss it!!

Here's a link for streetmap picture

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.s...et,+WC2&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf

it's basically where the Sports Centre is located on the map at the end of Endell Street. If I get there first, I'll sit by the window with a Apple logo on my bag... so it'll be visible from the street... Mulder style! heh-heh! or you can see a picture of what I look like in the Picture thread.

Any prob's, queries etc etc, then drop me either a PM or email!!

Hope to see some Londonites then!!

Wicked!!

G

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

3. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

You gonna stick a big X on the window Gav?

Looks like I'll be there.

4. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

if i'm not working, i may come. i'm 2,5-3 hours from there but still ..

5. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

heh-heh, that would be really freaky wouldn't it... a big X on the window of a bar with no name... :eek: :p :p

I'll likely be there first cos' I'll be shopping for new pumps on Neale St, so I'll grab a seat by the door/window and I'll stick a white Apple logo on me bag so it can be seen from the street... (or I may slinky one on the door if I can... heh-heh)

EIther way, you can't miss me... I'm 6'3, with a moby cut, nose and lip ring and built like a rugby player... so in other words... I stand out!! heh-heh!!

6. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Cool... we don't need commitments here and now... people can just turn up around that time.... and, well I know I'll be there... *crosses fingers and hopes that others turn up, fearing ending up looking like a billy no buds otherwise* heh-heh!!

Should be a giggle.... depending on how things turn out... if edesign can make it too, we can go down and see David Blaine..... heh-heh-heh!!!

7. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Well, X marks the spot.....:rolleyes:

Wintermute will probably be recognisable by the iPod he carries round with him. It's how I knew him when we met up a couple of weeks ago! I'm deffinitely going to be there. I have a meeting which doesn't finish until 1pm, so I should be there round about on time. It will be nice to meet more people from MR. As you say, the more the merrier.

Nose and lip ring.......:eek:

8. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Don't be a wuss, remind me to show you my Albert;) ;) ;) :eek:

9. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

damn...I'd love to check this out!

u will have to drink one up for me iGAV... ;)

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Have fun, sorry I can't be there - just take pics and post them.....;)

D

11. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

make britboy turn off his cell phone. that is, if you *want* to talk to him

12. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

13. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

I'm sure I can manage one for ya bud!! ;)

You're also only 6 and a bit hours away.... ;)

Don't you have some holiday you could take?? :eek: ;) :D

14. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

Heh. For a seccond there you almost had me really excited. I saw geekfest London and thought London, Ontario and was all like w00t! were gonna drink some beers or something. Too bad :(.

15. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

You thought London, Ontario.... :p :p :p,

I'll have a drink for you as well.... ;) :D

Alternatively fly over... you'd be more than welcome.... ;)

16. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

17. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

You're just being sore because you're not the be-all and end-all in my life. Besides, that was just a bad day for me mobile-wise. I wanted to get rid of the thing.

By the way, what happend to the picture you guys took? Any chance you could email me a copy?

Wintermute> OK, *now* I'm worried. I just hope there are going to be some girls at this bar we're going to :eek: ;)

18. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

u better! ;)

and yeah..I could technically go...but the cost would kill me... :eek:

19. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Girls? We're married men pal, we don't need no stinkin girls, thats why we have Macs;)

Yeah, jello, any chance of that pic finding its way here?

20. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    damn you all! you'll just 'ave to sink a few jars for us. and yeah i know it's only a few hours away and it's cheaper than a night out in NYC but i may not make it back again :eek:

you'll all have to fly over here sometime, is cheap! like the budgie ;)

anyways fellas have a grand ol' time, you should hit a footy game whilst you in the city... actually, nah, perhaps not...

looove, on the rocks, love on the rocks with no ice :p

21. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Hey evo, 'Pool are at Charlton this weekend, come on over, we'll go down the Valley, hang out with the boys in the Bar With No Name, tease the Milwall crowd (Combat 18?, oh go on then...)

Bring your own choice in personal weaponry:D :D ;)

We'll sink a few for the US crowd.

Love the new Tar.

22. job macrumors 68040

job

23. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

seriously, britboy's still a newlywed and he's already looking to cheat. jeez...

it's at the photo place now... when i got home i immediately got on the road to ohio for the week.

should have it tomorrow evening.

evo- don't count on winter "sinking" anything alcoholic for you. he's "allergic". hah!

24. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

True, true. You just got me worried, what with airing your albert and all.....:eek: ;) Anyway, it tends to be a nicer atmosphere where members of the fairer sex are around. Why do you think many night-clubs offer free entrance to women?

I love the new 'tar evo :p

25. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

Because they think more men will come in thinking they'll cop off????