Geekfest Recap - Pics Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mr. Anderson, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ok, we're all here, walking around New Orleans, having a few drinks, and I 've even got my wife to login in - look for her as DutchessStreet, that's what happens after a few SharkAttacks and a frozen Hurricaine.....

Due to lack of foresight and general stupidity, no one brought a camera tonight, so you'll all have to wait for picks tomorrow.

D

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

wait a minute...I didn't have a SharkAttack or a Hurricane?! :eek:

hmm...oh well...I guess RedBull wasn't enough for me tonite... ;)

ps: I couldn't think of a good enough one liner...

3. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

awsome... cant wait for some pics.

be careful out there...take care of each other...no wild moves!:D

4. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

It was unfortunate the last night as soon as I posted this thread, arn had the site down for maintenance, we didn't get to post anything else.

We're off for some breakfast soon, after a bit of a crazy night, b2tm and MrsB2tm will have to fill you all in on that one.

I have to say its been a lot of fun so far, being a first timer to New Orleans, I really enjoyed going out and seeing a few of the sites, we took a strole down Bourbon St, had a few drinks and ended up crashing early (2 AM). I think Eye wanted to keep going, we'll probably do a little better tonight.

But its a very interesting crowd, if you're in to people watching this place is a must.

D

5. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

One thing that really struck me, since I've never been here before, is that the French Quarter looks a lot like Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic. I'll post some pics when I get home to show the similarities.

D

6. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

that is so cool that you all could be together in such a cool location

arn should post the pictures on the main www for the public to see

i just saw this thing in macworld about a geek cruise for macheads next year

we should all go if we don't get seasick...i will have to pass, turning green, but i almost became a navy officer ten years ago because i couldn't get a job in the real world:p

in the end, i somehow stumbled on computers, and shortly after that i fell very ill...i got this strange mac addict virus which has taken over my life and has made inroads into my sex life, too:eek:

7. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

Lets get some words from B2TM and MrsB2TM.....

Also, get the Duchess out here!!! let's have a few words...;)

Sounds like you guys are having fun...I wanna see some drunk mug shots :D ;)

well, have fun and stay (kinda) in control...

Later

8. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

I dont like to double post but.....:confused: :eek:

"made inroads into your sex life?!?!" :confused:

What does that mean? you gettin a bit too friendly with your Mac? ;)

9. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    have a cafe' au lait and some beignets for me...

and don't forget the late-night lucky dogs. they always seem like such a good idea around 4am but the next day....:eek:

anyone lost any money on the tourist bets?

have fun and be careful.

10. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

guess i better get of the mac and ask wifey if she wants to hump:eek: :D ;) :cool:

11. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

wow. if you put it as sensitively as that i'm sure she'll be all over the idea.......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

12. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

it didn't work:( :eek: :confused:

13. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

why not. you seem like such a sweet talker.

hey baby, wanna hump?

14. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i guess i am not like our former prez:)

15. iGav macrumors G3

Heh heh heh :p :p :p

And jef...... keep both them hands on the keyboard please........ :eek: :p :p

16. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Cool!

Sounds like fun. I bet you are all having a blast. Wish I could be there...lol

17. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

Hey jef...I've found that this often works to get ladies into bed....

Don't use words. Just grunt and sniff.

Also, dont wear any clothes and chase her around slapping her with your, uh..."mouse"

either she'll get into it, or after a while you'll wear her out....then it's smooth sailing...

:eek: :D :cool:

The chicks seem to dig that sorta thing...especially Jello's gf :eek:

I've got a suspicion that this is the type of thing that may occur tonight with our Geekfest counterparts....hehehe :eek:

18. King Cobra macrumors 603

I think some of you need to get a life... :eek: :D :rolleyes: :D

New Orleans must be :eek:ing hot! I had a day at the beach in Maine, catching some crabs and 5 eels, in some rather hot weather. What's it like 1500 miles away, closer to the Tropic of Capricorn? :cool:

19. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Hey Queen Cobra, I didn't know you have crabs... :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

I would have gone riding today, except I woke up with a massive headache today, which sucks. I plan to ride Sunday though...

20. King Cobra macrumors 603

Hey, Trechie! :D If you visited the beach you would to! :eek:

Damn, did you take any Excedrin for that? (Knowing my first "suggestion" is usually **** on the forums, did you try Advil?)

I damn sure know what something like that feels like. Well, enjoy the Harley ride tomorrow. I'll be comin' home to NJ on that same day.

21. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I took 4 extra strengh tylenol almost 6 hours ago... they have pretty much kicked it's ass...

Being a tech, I don't go to the beach. That much sun would be harmful to me :eek: :D

I think it was caused by the lack of coffee yesterday, I had some today, but am almost out of beans now. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I will be getting more coffee and beans tomorrow while I am out.

22. King Cobra macrumors 603

HFS!! FOUR TYLENOL!? I wonder if your eyes were even halfway in your sockets when you took them! :eek: :eek:

I take no more than 2 Advil, even for when the pain gets extreme.

Bring the SPF 15 if you don't lie the sun. Besides, there are plenty of 25 year-old Mac user :eek:cks there, anyways, I'm sure! :D

What brand of coffee would you recommend? When on the road, where do you go for coffee? (D-Donuts, Starbucks, etc.)

23. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

D-Dognuts blows for coffee... I visit Gloria Jeans for coffee... They have plenty of different coffee beans to buy, depending on what you like.

I typically wait until the pain is extreme before taking something... then the four does the job. :p

24. King Cobra macrumors 603

Well, as long as that pain doesn't come back in the morning, have a ride. Just try not to listen to the barking of the crows, as they may give you a hard time! :D :eek:

25. Solipsys macrumors member

Updates?

come on "Geekfest 2002", where's the pics from your drunken adventures so far? don't tell me none of you thought to bring along a digital camera ;)
    what kind of Geekfest would that be...?

we want pics of you with a hurricane in one hand and a lucky dog in the other partying like it's 1999. i rolled through new orleans about 4 years ago on my way to san francisco to go to art school. i have to say it's one of the most magical places i've ever been... where else in the U.S. can you find a raging block party going on every weekend? i was hooked, unfortunately i could only stay for one night before i had to continue my trip westward (school was starting up within a week).

hope you all are having a blast!