Geforce and Radion...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by BrainBoP, Feb 15, 2003.

1. BrainBoP macrumors newbie

Feb 15, 2003
    I'm buying a new computer and I'm chossing the parts right now.
    For the graphics card they gave me these choices and these pricesses, and I need a second,or alot, of opinions:

(1)the cheapest one that looks good: :confused:
    64MB nVidia GeForce 4 MX 420 Graphics Card w/ TV-Out [add $70.00]

(2)the most expensive, I doubt I'll get this one, but I would like to know why it costs THAT much. :eek:
    128MB DDR ATI RadeonT 9700 Pro Graphics Card w/DVI and TV-Out [add $580.00]

(3) This one looks expensive, but I've heard good things about it. :)
    128MB DDR ATI RadeonT 9700 TX Video Card w/DVI and TV-Out [add $270.00]

Now i would like to say that this is mostly for online games if it makes any different.

Any comments are welcome.
  2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    Ati 9700 is the best card as of now. why do you need tv out i would think tv in would be better, sure wish ati had a all in wonder 9700 for the mac. Toms hardware has the reviews.
  3. Das macrumors regular

Jan 28, 2003
    The 9700 doesn't cost that much. For the PC side they go for 268 and for the mac, I've seen them advertised for only 333. It's the best card though. If you're budget is low, try a 9500 or even a GF3 for 80 bucks, but don't get an MX, they stink.
  4. KingArthur macrumors regular

Jun 15, 2001
    Marion, Ohio
    The Radeon 9700 will be the best card on the market for a while. nVidia's newest card that is in development is barely gonna see the light of day (except for those who already pre-ordered it) b/c it is such a bad card. They are either going to scrap it and work from the ground up on a new one or they are going to try and revise it. The only reason they are still working on it is to fill the preorders, so if you want a card that is going to be up-to-date for quite a while, the 9700 is your best bet.
  5. BrainBoP thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 15, 2003
    thx guys i think ill go with the 270$ radion then. heh, kinda obviouse after your replyes!