GeForce4 MX DVI-VGA Adapter?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by rEd Eye, Feb 8, 2002.

1. rEd Eye macrumors regular

Nov 28, 2001
    Um....sorry,I mean ADC to VGA:???:
    Can anyone tell me if this is a possibility?could this work well enough as a solution for using two VGA monitors with this card in non graphics intensive applicatations?
    Are there any concerns to be had with converting ADC to VGA for use in dual monitor situations?
  2. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Jan 19, 2002
    I'll let you know...

I'll let you know in a couple of days.

I'm currently attempting the same thing with a Radeon 7500. I received ADC-DVI adapter today, and am waiting on backstock for DVI-VGA.

I couldn'd find a ADC-VGA adapter anywhere.

I'm hoping for some decent results, but a bit worried that I may get ghosting (like you see with poor cables) due to all the adapters....
  3. rEd Eye thread starter macrumors regular

Nov 28, 2001
    Here is one that I found.
    It's either this,or shell out more cash for an ATI Radeon 7000 to use in a PCI slot.This also raises concerns as to whether or not the drivers for the two cards function well together.I have tried using the AGP GeForce2 Mx with an ATI Rage pro in aPCI slot,and end up experiencing slow/buggy screen redraws on both monitors,as well primary monitor confusion at startup.
    I would consider just getting ATI the whole way around,except that I cannot wait for the extra shipping time for the BTO(B.S.O!).
    SOme dual monitor support!
    Just a bit more B.S.advertising from Apple.:D
  4. rEd Eye thread starter macrumors regular

Nov 28, 2001
  5. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Jan 19, 2002

I sure wish I had seen that before I spent the same amount for ADC to DVI & DVI to VGA...I suppose if I ever have a DVI monitor, it will be useful
  6. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Nov 4, 2001
    There is something called a Doctor Bolt which allows you to turn an ADC connter (Male) into VGA, Power and USB. I think there will be one for the other way round