Geico Insurance Pig Ads

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Huntn, Jun 28, 2013.

1. macrumors G3

Huntn

As this been mentioned before in these forums? As I rule I don't care for Geico's pig ads. I was hoping the cop who pulls one over is last seen roasting a pig over a barbeque, lol.

Anyone else think the one where the woman (with amorous feelings) is on a date with a pig is more in poor taste than it's funny? I'm wondering if some deviate mad man, thought that one up to drive conservatives crazy. I mean, that's what they are thinking, what burn-in-hell idea will liberals think up next? ;)

2. macrumors 603

quagmire

Meh. There is no difference between that ad than with Family Guy with Brian dating woman( and has had sex with them) and him wanting to screw Lois.

3. macrumors 68020

Mac'nCheese

Says the guy who screwed his best friends wife which led to their divorce.

4. quagmire, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013

macrumors 603

quagmire

I don't quite think having an affair is as comparable as beastiality. :D :p

Plus, now my best friend is now happily married to his high school sweetheart compared to the miserable marriage he had..... ;)

5. macrumors demi-god

Shrink

I won't argue your feelings about the ad as being in poor taste...that's a matter of personal taste.

But please explain to me why it would offend conservatives? Are you interpreting the ad as suggesting zoophilia? Is that a bad thing for conservatives?

Also, how do liberals fit into this scenario. Are you suggesting that liberals are zoophilic? I wasn't aware that sexual interest in animals was related to political philosophy.

Could you explain the connections, please?

6. macrumors 68020

Mac'nCheese

That's true but for some reason he's not as funny anymore....

7. thread starter macrumors G3

Huntn

First of all the comment was said in jest, so don't get your panties in a bunch. :p

In the mind of conservative, it's liberals who push gay marriage. I can imagine them (conservatives) thinking what's the next perversion to be served up. Here you go, bestiality and although I don't think that is what Geico is pushing, it does not take much addition so see where a scenario like this could head. As Venkman said: "Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysterial!"

And Quagmire, I don't like Bryan dating women either, although he is like a furry person. :)

8. macrumors P6

Peace

I suppose Wiley Cayote is a stalking wannabe murderer then eh ?

It's a stupid commercial that hopes to be funny. I can't see any connection to politics at all. Especially given the roots of the government employees insurance company.

<disclaimer> I have Geico insurance on my car because I get a better rate due to being ex-military.

</disclaimer>

9. macrumors demi-god

Shrink

I just checked and my panties are nice and smooth. They were also OK when I wrote the post, which I didn't think indicated bunched panties, but rather a serious question about the connection between perceived zoophilia and political philosophy.

Sorry if my post had that bunched panties feel to it...

10. thread starter macrumors G3

Huntn

Better than USAA?

----------

So I take it I did not make the connection of perversions served up in the mind of conservatives? Maybe it's just me and I'm not a conservative. :eek:

----------

Wait... really? :eek:

11. macrumors P6

Peace

Quagmire is in Family Guy.

12. thread starter macrumors G3

Huntn

Obviously I don't watch it enough. :)

13. macrumors 68000

4JNA

six degrees of bacon.

maybe she just loves BACON. i mean, who dosen't... :D

a whole thread about it around here somewhere.

not possible, there is none better price be damned.

14. macrumors P6

Peace

Well now you should. It's a funny show !

:D

15. macrumors 603

quagmire

Not a big fan of the current fad of having bacon in my dessert......

16. thread starter macrumors G3

Huntn

Example please...

Come one guys, when the police officer stops the pig driving the car, he should lead him away in handcuffs and the next scene he and his family should be seen eating BBQ... haha, haha :D

17. macrumors 603

quagmire

18. thread starter macrumors G3

Huntn

I have an in-law who is a pastry/desert chef and he tried out a desert on us, a chocolate cake with red pepper in it. It was kind of good, but nothing I'd crave. No this has nothing to do with bacon, pigs, and/or BBQ... ;)

19. macrumors 68020

localoid

Is it actually bestiality if both (of the two different animal species) are sentient?

Is, for example, the reptilian female character's (Vastra) marriage to the human, Jenny, on Dr. Who a not-so-veiled attempt by the BBC to push the bestiality agenda?

20. macrumors 6502a

Gutwrench

Even in jest maybe it's a bit over-thought?

21. Huntn, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013

thread starter macrumors G3

Huntn

You've got a very good point.

Minimal thought really. Maybe that's the (my) problem. However, I stand by my dislike of the Geico pig. :)

22. macrumors 68000

Sydde

That would not be bestiality as much as it would be rishathra.

23. macrumors 68020

localoid

Facinating. So then, I assume this means that important pre-coitus questions a prudent person should ask should include "Are you a humanoid?" and "Are you a cop?" (not necessarily in that order?)

24. macrumors 68020

smithrh

Many advertisers (and more importantly, advertising agencies) would be thrilled to see that you've connected the pig and Geico, you've remembered the campaign well, even if you don't like the ads.

They're probably even more thrilled that you've decided to talk about it publicly, even going to the lengths to find and embed one of their ads.

Basically to an advertiser, in many ways famous=infamous. One of the main things advertisers want is to be remembered.

25. macrumors 603

The main thing I think of when seeing those ads is, "He's no Arnold Ziffel".