Gender ID

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by watcher2001, Dec 19, 2005.

1. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

No, this is not another gayway thread.

I searched and did not find this anywhere. I am sure it is old and if it has been posted before forgive me. It is a test I found on another board and found rather interesting. It is a series of questions to determine whether your mind is more male or female. It takes a little while to complete but the results are surprising.

link to test

2. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

I swear I've seen this here a few times, if not that perticular link, other parts of the BBC Science site referring to it.

3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Well, I gave it a go... and I got '0', apparently meaning that mentally I'm perfectly balanced between male and female. Who'd have thought?

I'm quite proud of the fact that I got 12 out of 12 on the spin the objects around part of the quiz. :p

Attached Files:

4. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

Surprising indeed.

It put me smack-dab in the middle - exactly 50/50.

I did well with spacial things (typically male), and also well with emotition, emphathising, and words (typically female).

Fun link - worth the time, I think!

5. watcher2001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

That is too funny, I scored the exact same and I also got 12 out of 12 on the spin the objects portion as well.

Wonder where Lacero would end up?

6. iGary Guest

iGary

7. vniow macrumors G4

Damn, I was hoping for a philosophical discussion on the nature of gender identity, but again I am disappointed...

8. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

i got 50 towards the male end. All the chicks in the pictures though were fugly!

9. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

^ I thought one of the white girls was cute, as well as one of the indian girls.

10. vniow macrumors G4

I'm a dude apparently.

I swear, I get a different result from every test I do on this.

Haha, me too. Weird.

Attached Files:

11. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

I did this a while ago, but from memory, I was almost exactly 50/50 also (but I didn't get 12 on the spin the objects :p)

I know what you mean - I guess that it might be possible to manipulate the result slightly too. I'd quite like to see if there was a proper (i.e. rigorous) test that you could undergo to find this sort of thing out.

12. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Bear in mind though the photos were manipulated slightly for the purposes of the test, to appear slightly more feminine or masculine. That said, some of them weren't that bad. ;)

13. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

There were a few spots were I scored well above either average.
    :rolleyes:
    Heh, I was a mechanical engineering major for a year ;)
    Does "PowerBook" count? :p
    Now this one, I don't get. 2 people, £50. £50/2 = £25. Perhaps people in the UK are greedier than me? ;)

So my brain score is 50% male, which is right on average with other guys apparently.

14. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I scored a 50 to the male side. Not terribly surprising for me.

15. haiggy macrumors 65816

Yeah, I agree... and for the first few I didn't know what to do until I caught on that you only chose ONE circle not 2.... it said I liked more masculine looking girls :(

16. vniow macrumors G4

Hey, ain't nothing wrong with that.

Nothing at all.

Of course I'm a bit biased, butch girls are haaawt.

17. takao macrumors 68040

takao

50 points to the male end...

but not being native in english somehow screwed up the eye test where i didn't understand all the moods so sometimes i simply guessed (i got more right than i thought)...same with write down the words test...

i failed the what has move test as well because i didn't bother reading the instructions

and the faces test was ridiculous.. showing the same 5 faces 21 times wasn't entertaining

18. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

50 to the female side.

Apparently I'm an empathizer.

Picture 3.png

Isn't this more a test of socio-cultural situatedness than gender?

19. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

I said £25 too. Makes sense to me. But I figure: the other person should be pretty happy to get anything at all, for no effort. It's the prisoner's dilemma - co-operate or punish. Put yourself on the other side - if you were offered £20, you'd probably take it, even though you know the other guy was getting more. Win-win I suppose - it's worth co-operating. An offer of £15 might be considered insulting however, so you'll punish.

The British thing to do would be to offer 50-50: can't say fairer than that, old bean! ;)

20. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

i was neutral - and i scored really high on the 3D shapes but pitifully low on the empathy scale. <shrugs>

21. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

The question about emotions during films is annoying, because I can only feel a few of the characters emotions, but I feel them strongly :confused:

For the eyes one, there needed to be a button at the bottom saying "I have no ***** idea". Half of those didn't have an expression, and the rest were characatures

On the hand one, my fingers are longer than it allows, so that part was completely useless. According to that, my ring:index ratio is 1, whereas it's closer to the figure they give. Stupid tests...

50-male

22. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

I scored twenty-five on the male side. I did not get the last question either 25 sounds like a fair amount. Maybe I'm missing something here?

23. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

i like that test, a little long winded but cool

Bless

24. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Yeah same here. :confused: Ah well, in the end I scored 50 towards the male side.

And for the "ultimatum", I demanded $49 :D I mean, if I demand $50, then the person can refuse, and we both get nothing, but that person will get nothing anyway. But if I demand $49, then that person will get $1. If he rejected, then he gets nothing. Might as well grab that $1 methinks.