General Cybernetics Problems

Discussion in 'Community' started by applemacdude, Nov 6, 2003.

1. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Well, my beige g3 was showing its age and I wanted to use mac os x anyways. My dad and me a agree to get an iMac, with teh works. Since I heard taht Backtothemac gave good deals I contacted him. I order a imac with the works ( see sig) everything id good. I ordered it on the 26th..two weeks later there was nothing in my doorstep..there was a customs holdup or something...the imac goes to sacramento for the bto process and guess what they send an imac with the wrong configuration, so a week and a half passes until they ship another imac to the general cybertronic hq

they ship the imac on the 28th..a month later after i ordered it...on teh ups tracking page it says taht estimated delivery time is on the 4th..of november...so i wait on the 4th nothing...5th nothing..6th nothing so i call ups and complain and this is what they say to me: "Uh, we cannnot locate you're package, we are sorry to tell you this but it might be lost...Im thinkin WTF WTF ****in' UPS. later today they called me and said its still not found.....

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm very sorry to hear about the problem that you are having applemacdude. That wait is not easy, I'm sure. Your package is insured so you have no worry there. Did they say what there policy is with regards to how long they do a search before making a replacement?
    :(

3. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

Dude man, that totally blows!

Sometimes you're the bannana in the back;
    sometimes you're the bannana in the front.

Keep on UPS -- they should eventually fix this.

4. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Re: So my life is ruined...

sorry to hear that, but that is one reason I always deal directly through apple. my stuff always comes way ahead of scheduled and in perfect condition.

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I guess u could look at it as "someone needs to have this happen to them." :(

Hope it all works out. ;)

7. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

UPS Sucks

damn that sucks :( But truth be told I will NEVER use UPS ever again. I was at a sci-fi/fantasy convention earlier this year in Philadelphia and picked up a damn nice acrylic painting for a rather good price. Price being relative. The painting was a lot but the personal value of this thing was priceless for me. So I figured I’d ship it home, Minnesota, instead of risking a plane trip. I stop off at a UPS/mailboxes etc store and pack the crap out of it. This is a huge paining. About 5 feet high and 2 feet wide. I insure it for $500 and had it marked up the ying yang with fragile stickers. I get home and just about died. First off they left the thing sitting infornt of the townhouse for anyone to snatch. Nevermind I specifically stated that someone NEEDED to sign for it. Then on top of that. There was a big gash on the side of the thing. I mean a nasty one. About 4” long and 1” deep. I was sure it had f-ed up the painting.
    I open it up ready to go to the local UPS dispatch location and kill someone. I had gotten massively lucky. The canvas was on a wood frame and the gash had been on the opposite side of the canvas. In the end all worked out but I did write UPS a 1 page letter explaining to them how I will never use their craptacular service ever again and included photos of the mangled box. I understand a certain amount of tossing occurs in packages. But when its marked with fragile, insured, and makes only 3 stops on the way from Philadelphia to Minnesota I consider that gross negligence in the extreme. :mad:

8. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I generally do not trust shipping period. My Panther Box came in the FedEx box with 3 gashes in it to the point where the person in the mailroom told me he had to tape it up before he'd consider giving it to me because it was ready to come out of the box, he told me to open it there to make sure it was not damaged or missing something and my sexy Panther box was pretty beat up, but fortunately the discs weren't damaged. I am glad my PowerBook box wasn't damaged, but more often than not, I receive things pretty beat up even though they are marked fragile on the box.

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

If applemacdude waits a lil longer the g5 imac will be out,maybe this is a blessing in disguise because you know as soon as you get that imac applemacdude thats when they will hit us with an anouncement of a new computer.

10. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

hahahahhaa. precious

11. applemacdude thread starter macrumors 68040

applemacdude

I don't think taht apple will announce a G5 imac anytime in the st half of next year, remember that apple said that the pb g5 wont come until late next year, and i doubt that apple will release a imac g5 before a pb g5...anyways the next bunce of imac are gonna go up to 1.42 ghz....

no word from ups yet

12. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

Off topic, but that reminds me--that's a heckuva 'tar, you've got there, applemacdude.

13. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Man, that sucks. Hopefully they will find it. Keep posting here, and let me know what happens. Buying directly from Apple doesn't mean that things like this won't happen. Just ask Mr. Anderson. He will testify to that.

14. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

No punching below the belt, pls :p

15. xlemming macrumors newbie

Buying straight from apple does not keep people from stealing your computer. We bought a 12" powerbook for my sister. It got stolen the first time apple tried to ship it to us. The second time it made it. Then a few months later we had to send it in for repair, on the way back someone stole it out of the shipping box. Luckily we picked it up at the FedEx shipping place and the we had the FedEx person confirm that it was empty, that one was replaced also.

16. applemacdude thread starter macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Yeah I think someone stole it off the loading docks in richmond california

17. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

18. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yeah keep on their ass and they will 'find' it, like my friends stuff...

:mad:

19. applemacdude thread starter macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Ok General Cybernetics told me to ask Ups for info and ups told me to ask General Cybernetics

20. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Once it leaves us, they are responsible for the package.

21. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

don't they insure it? surely they are responsible for lost packages.

22. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Yea, UPS is libel for the package when it leaves and is their care.

23. applemacdude thread starter macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Got this From General Cybernetics...

OK Ive been waitin' for about 1 and a half months and he wants me to be patient...

I swear that I'll never use UPS ever again in my whole life....Its all FedEx now...

24. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

... till they screw you too. ;)

25. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Bad things happen to good people sometimes. Mr. A had a package stolen through Fed EX. There is no such thing as a perfect carrier. I can say that in the three years that I have been associated with GC, that nothing like this has ever happened before. Not once.