general gripes

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by homerjward, Apr 22, 2005.

1. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

doing a bit of shopping at newegg and i noticed the new version is incredibly slow in safari and after browsing there for ~30min safari's using about 150mb of memory. is this normal? also, when loading it displays this message at the top of each page and the rendering's really strange until it's completely loaded. kinda odd. screenshot attached of the aforementioned message. also, about keynote. what's with the 2 transitions that "cannot play on this computer?" something called burn and something called flash. oh well, last gripe: there should be an option to close a minimized window when you ctrl+click it in the dock imo. it's a hassle to re-open it and then close it. sorry if this is in the wrong place; i couldnt think of where to put it.
    edit: about the 1st one--im using safari 1.3 on 10.3.9

Attached Files:

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Safari message - newegg's website checks which browser is coming in and if it's not on their approved list, it displays that message. I guess they haven't updated that list to put Safari 1.3 on the list of 'modern' browsers. Incidentally, I'm not getting it when i go and look at newegg and I'm using 1.3 too. (You might want to try activating Safari's debug menu and telling the site that you're really using IE to see what it does then)

Keynote - your computer/graphics card doesn't have enough 'oomph' to produce that effect. Annoying but at least it tells you before you put it into a presentation and it doesn't work?

3. homerjward thread starter macrumors 68030

homerjward

thanks, didnt know about the debug>ie thing.