general questions about the new AE and draft N

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by buffalo, Jan 26, 2007.

1. buffalo macrumors 65816

O.K. So I'll be getting a new MacBook today, so that got me thinking about the new draft N.

I've read posts here about many people not being able to take advantage of N because of their internet connection. I use RoadRunner; is there anyway to check if that is fast enough for N connection?

It looks like the new AirPort Extreme has spaces for wired computers to connect. Is that true? There are 2 computers that will need to be on a wired connected connection (2 dell desktops), and three computers using wireless (G5 iMac, MacBook, and my dad's new work notebook, a ThinkPad).

Has there been any word on when the AirPort will ship? Eary, mid, or late February????

Thanks!

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

most people's ISP speeds are slower than even 802.11b. a B connection is 11Mbps, faster than a lot of people's cable/DSL. N is ~200Mbps, no cable or DSL provider (that i know of) offers speeds like that. the advantage is the computer to computer transfer rate and better signal/range.

3. buffalo thread starter macrumors 65816

Is there anyway to check if my dad's new work Thinkpad has a Wireless N card? It was supplied by his company running XP pro.