Generals or Ghost Recon 2?

Discussion in 'Games' started by pgc6000, Apr 9, 2005.

1. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Okay, I've decided not to get BF1942 and too ethier get Command and Conquer Generals for the mac or Ghost Recon 2 for the Xbox. I've heard that C & C Generals will run kind of sloppy of anything below 1 GHz, but I need your opinions. GR 2 or Generals? Thanks in advance :)

2. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

I haven't played either game, but my friend was telling me some very good things about ghost recon 2. I'm a big fan of fps covert ops tpye games, so i would go for GR2.

3. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I highly reccommend Generals. I have it and love it. It would run on my old 12" 867 pb, but only at lowest settings. You should be able to run it and enjoy it, if you don't mind having the settings turned all the way down, which I believe it will do for you once it judges your system. At any rate, I really enjoy this game a lot.

4. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah Generals was the one I was sort of leaning towards. I need a new strategy game. The last one I bought, Rise of Nations, was a complete let down. So I haven't goten a good strategy game in more then a year.

5. richmlow macrumors member

recommendation for C&C: Generals

I would recommend C&C: Generals and its expansion pack, Zero Hour....it is an absolute blast!!

richmlow

6. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I got C & C Generals. Runs pretty well on lowest settings, though for some reason the cut scenes have been worse since 2 nights ago...but gameplay is good, which is what matters most. I played Zero Hour awhile back in the summer at a PC arcade place. It was freaking awsome. It's probaly the reason I got the orginal. I almost got Zero Hour along with it, but I desperatly needed a new Xbox controller so I got that instead. But I'll probaly get it soon enough. Anyway, it was defently worth the $50.

7. richmlow macrumors member

improving C&C: Generals game performance

Did you download the most recent patch for C&C: Generals?! You can get it from Aspyr's website and it improves the game performance considerably!

richmlow

8. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

9. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Good thing you went with Generals instead of GR2.
    I have both and while GS2 is very nice to look at and play there are major bugs in the game play and it is pretty repetetive from mission to mission
    no thinking involved just shooting...
    The Rainbow Six series is much more tactical

10. Hydra macrumors regular

Hydra

How is the GR2 even supposed to run on an iBook anyway as I tried the original GR and it was a slideshow, maybe 1 frame per second or so. :(

11. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

GR 2 for the Xbox. Besides, it doesn't matter now anyway :p

12. Hydra macrumors regular

Hydra

Oh, I have it for Xbox too but I haven't had time to test it. Dunno if the controller is good for it as I'm used to mouse+keyboard.
    But I can't even test it now as I live in Germany and the Xbox is in Finland, heh.

13. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The contorler is hard to use one you be-friend the keyboard + mouse. But I just had to play Halo 2, even if that ment using the controller. That's about the only game I play on my Xbox. Or did, I only play it once every two weeks now :p I have more fun on Call of Duty: UO