Genius bar for Mac mini RAM?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Nukemkb, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

I just don't feel comfortable replacing my memory in my Mac Mini myself...and I "assume" genius bars have the same price for doing it (??). So what's the cost for putting 1 Gig of Ram in my PPC 1.5??
    It's a bit of a drive for me to get to one - and I'd like to be prepared for the shock!:eek: TIA

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I believe they will only do it if you purchase the RAM from them, I don't think they'll instal 3rd party RAM for you.

3. Nukemkb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

That's my plan...walkin' in with my checkbook (maybe!). I've never seen anyone say what they charge?

4. kildraik macrumors 6502a

kildraik

I'm not quite sure what they'd charge, but they will want to keep it for a few days.

I would call your Apple Store and find out what they would charge.

Will

5. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

I checked on this for a friend a few months ago, and yes, they won't install any 3rd party RAM at all.

If you buy RAM from Apple in the store, they will install it at no additional cost, but they charge around $150-200 for 1GB for a PPC Mac mini (as of last fall's prices anyway) which is quite expensive.

6. Nukemkb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

Good God!! I was hoping $125-135... maybe I need to get a spatula too.? (do it yourself tool...?)