Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trey M

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
USA
Hi all. Had a friend spill beer on my phone this weekend so now seeking a replacement. I have a Squaretrade warranty and they'll reimburse me for Genius Bar repairs or replacements.

My phone is still totally operational, however the volume buttons have no feedback and the home button also isn't the same. I am able to still use the buttons but they all feel sort of stuck. I've also noticed since the spill my battery life has been piss poor, however I'm unaware if this is related.

Will Apple replace my phone based on my situation or will they repair? I'm honestly just seeking a complete replacement for resale value purposes. I know Apple has been very generous about replacements for a cost in the past, however I know they've become more strict since they have more repair capabilities in the stores these days. Anyone know if they'll replace based on some messed up buttons?

Videomanmac

Suspended
Apr 3, 2015
My guess is they will do a complete replacement. I'm not sure if they would keep stock of volume rockers for every color iPhone. And, there's likely to be issues down the road shortly, so Apple should give a full replacement.

Now, if they send it off, that's a different story.

Reactions: iPad Retina
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.